Airnet charter dept?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flybynight,
Do you live in CMH? I hear the guys in Columbus get home alot. Maybe you can answer some of the above questions better. I think I got most of them fairly correct.

Last edited:
How far afield do your Lear 60s fly? Do they hit Hawaii, Europe and the Caribbean? What is the approximate yearly salary for a newhire FO on the 60?

Heavy Set said:
How far afield do your Lear 60s fly? Do they hit Hawaii, Europe and the Caribbean? What is the approximate yearly salary for a newhire FO on the 60?
I might be somewhat green but Hawaii in a LR60, isn't that a bit far?

I know of a part 91 Lear 60 that routinely flies to Hawaii from Van Nuys. Curious to see what a weekly "flight profile" would be for the JetRide guys - what is a week like in terms of destinations and number of flights? Can you give us a rough example of a week?

Thanks

mainah said:
I might be somewhat green but Hawaii in a LR60, isn't that a bit far?
Years ago there was a company out of VNY that flew Lear 35's out to Hawaii. They preached to everybody how safe it was. Everybody wondered how they were able to do it...until they lost one a couple hundred miles short of Hawaii from fuel exhaustion. While the investigation was still going on, apparently they had another one have a flameout on final at PHNL, then the other engine flamed out on taxi in...out of gas.

I'm not saying that this charter dept does stupid things like this...but just asking one operator what they do may lead you to a false conclusion about whether or not it is safe.

You can't legally fly to Hawaii in a Lear 60 under 135 regulations and the guys who do it part 91 have a bigger set than I do!

Latest resources

Back