Airnet charter dept?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

halfmoon

Anyone know what the pays like on airnets charter (pax) dept?

How many lears do they have now on that side?

I tired to get info on their website but it doesn't even mention that side of things still all the check hauling info..

The Charter Dept (Jet Rides) has 4 Lear 35's and 10 Lear 60's (I think that is close). They are still growing. They are generally hiring but be careful about what they tell you in the interview. Quality of life is pretty far down there. Most guys won't go there from the cargo side cause it's that bad. Pay as a 60 capt is 60-72k. Co-pilot is 40-58k (that is close, most guys get 44-46 after they negotiate). You work 2 weeks on 1 weeks off. They will usually keep you out the whole 2 weeks. Even if there are no trips, they will leave you in that city till one comes up. But there are times you will spend your 2 weeks on standby at home, very cool. Most times they are very busy but when it does slow down be ready to sit in a hotel. The 2 weeks is very flexible on their end. You will get home when you happen to pass through your home base, or get mad enough that you threaten to quit.

The job is a rollercoaster. The highs are high and the lows are really low. A couple of the guys love it. But then some have quit on the stop cause they got so tired of the one way street. My guess....... Check back in about 2 years. They will probably have most of this straitened out and it will be great. The company is making crazy money with it so there is alot of growth planned. We keep hearing 602 rumors also. Sounds like they are waiting to find an owner. Then after the FAA blesses us to fly them we will add more of our own.

If you want info call Craig Washka. He is very nice but a salesman. To get on with Jetrides you will most likely need jet time. If you have 60 time you will just about be hired on the spot.

Good luck

208starcheck,

Have they hired any fo's without jet time? i have no jet time but plenty of pic turbine.. not really sure what they are after.
I did see an ad for captains only needing a 35 or 60 type.
thanks

Just curious for a friend who has Lear 60 time. Some questions:

1. Where are the pilot base(s) for the Lear 60?

2. Do they have any cross-qualified pilots (i.e., fly both the Challenger and the Lear 60) are do pilots tend to stick to one fleet? Is there any movement up to the Challenger?

3. How many hours per month likely in the Lear 60? I understand you could just sit for a few weeks. What would be the monthly average?

4. For non-Lear 60 experienced pilots, what sort of experience do you need to get consideration for the Lear 60 (is a type included with a training bond)?

Might be a good place to gain experience if you are interested in Flexjet...

Thanks

First off we don't have any 602's. The company would like to get some but they want to start by managing one first. That is how we got started in the 60's. The bases are Birmingham, DAL, CHM, Chicago, LA, Saint Louis, Lancaster PA, and maybe one or two others, I can't remember.

We don't have a problem filling the 35 sic spots. We have lots of prop guys that would sell their soul to get into a jet. The company won't put you in the 60 without jet time. Usually the 35 sic moves to 60 sic, but there are 2 pic's and 1 sic for every plane. So you can see we need more Captains then we have sic's. If you have jet time, call or write Craig. I don't know what he would say.

The 60 guys fly about 50-60 hours average.

I don't know of anyone cross qualified except the check airman.

We have a couple of ex-Flex Jet employees. I know of 3 off the top of my head.

Good luck, if you want.

G100driver said:
I am kinda new at this ... what is a 602?

I was wondering the same thing...600's, 601's, and 604's....but, I've never heard of a 602!

Sorry it's probably a 604. What ever the new Challenger. Couldn't remember if it was a 602 or 604.

I would like to clear some things up. It is alomost unheard of for a crewmember to stay on the road for the entire two weeks. Also, the company will only hold a crew member for a brief period of time to try and get another trip on rare occasions. A little common sense needs to be used here, every day the crew is on the road they are eating up hotel costs and per diem which ruin any potential profit to be earned. From speaking to many other 135 on-demand charter operators I would say Jetride offers one of the best lifestyles out there. I've heard plenty of instances where operators run 2 pilots on a plane and have the on-on schedule.

Please PM me if you would like further info.

Latest resources

Back