• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Airnet Caravan Pilots....

waterskier

Total Time
I am currently flying at ASA but trying to get a government flying job... one of the qualifications is ANY PIC time in single turboprop.... know that Airnet allows ride alongs... was wondering if I could catch a ride w/ someone and get to touch the controls for a little bit so I could log some time.... If you know anyone who can help with this, please PM me....

Thanks

MD11Drvr

Still Learning
Total Time
Enough
I am currently flying at ASA but trying to get a government flying job... one of the qualifications is ANY PIC time in single turboprop.... know that Airnet allows ride alongs... was wondering if I could catch a ride w/ someone and get to touch the controls for a little bit so I could log some time.... If you know anyone who can help with this, please PM me....

Thanks

Not trying to throw cold water on your plans but if the airplane is flying 135 for revenue you would need to be on AirNets certificate to legally log the time. Only on a part 91 leg would you be OK to log the time. Its your business and I am not trying to poke in where I am not welcome but I just hate to see you have something in your logbook you can't explain. If I am wrong then I beg your indulgence for my ignorance. Good L:uck

wlacy

Total Time
I need some 747 time; so I'll phone my friends @ United to get some sticktime. get a clue...

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
Total Time
Beer30

Thanks
What type of government job are you trying to get that has a specific requirement for single engine turbine?

I have never heard of that one.....

I agree with MD11Drvr. I also doubt Airnet will allow a ride along for you to build time without any benefit to the company itself, i.e. crew/pilot training. You also may not be covered by insurance. Once again, be careful. If someone is stupid enough to allow a pilot who is not qualified (with respect to the company) act as PIC on a company aircraft, they probably deserve to lose their job anyway.

My suggestion to you is to quit your job at ASA and seek a position with a company that will make you more qualified for the position you desire.

Last edited:

waterskier

Total Time
I was thinking about the legality of that also... What i really need is to find a training program somewhere that I can buy a couple of hours with a CFI... but the simuflight type places all use the customers aircraft.... Anyone know of a facility that would provide the plane and CFI?

dustrpilot

Total Time
today?
What type of government job are you trying to get that has a specific requirement for single engine turbine?

I have never heard of that one.....

I agree with MD11Drvr. I also doubt Airnet will allow a ride along for you to build time without any benefit to the company itself, i.e. crew/pilot training. You also may not be covered by insurance. Once again, be careful. If someone is stupid enough to allow a pilot who is not qualified (with respect to the company) act as PIC on a company aircraft, they probably deserve to lose their job anyway.

My suggestion to you is to quit your job at ASA and seek a position with a company that will make you more qualified for the position you desire.

US Treasury(?) flying drug dusters maybe?

Way2Broke

Total Time
The Caravan is not the only single engine turbine plane out there.

Mason

Total Time
3000+
US Treasury(?) flying drug dusters maybe?

Customs and Border Patrol (CBP)

Specific question on the application applies to single engine turboprop and all you need is .1 at the controls to be able to answer yes to the questions and improve your score.

Jedi_Cheese

Remove your shoes please!
Total Time
enuf
Find a skydiving outfit nearby that has a caravan. Either that or go to the local airport and see if anyone has a TBM-700/850 or PC-12 that they do the owner/operator thing on and would be willing to let you ride along on.

TWA

Total Time
If you're in the Ohio area (kind of an assumption since you asked about Airnet), there is a skydiving outfit in RID that has a caravan or two (I think).

jmreii

Total Time

Thanks

Doing the time I flew the scare van I met other van pilots that flew for the FBI, Special Forces, and other Covert Operations. Sounds like you want to be one of those guys. If you are single and adventurous have at it. Good luck, my man.