Airnet Base closures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IP076 said:
I'd like to get a definition of "good places".

If you mean slaving 14 hours a day, or bored off your ass on reserve, with 10 days a month off, operating the gear handle in an RJ, I'd have to disagree.

I'll take my set schedule with known days off. Not to mention 50+% more pay.

Spend 2 minutes on the Regional Board and you can pretty much figure out how your life as a regional pilot will be.

I'll stick it out here, upgrade to the jet (Which is getting quicker and quicker) and hopefully end up in a good place....where I don't have to worry about what Delta will negotiate for a pay cut, what MidAtlantics rates are for the EMB170, or who MESA will **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** over this week.

ps, not trying to pick a fight, and **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good avatar man...

I have to disagree there buddy. Once you leave you won't wanna go back. I feel like a new person since I've left. Sure you make more than me now, but you also work twice as much as me. Plus in another year I'll be making more than you. You also talk about the upgrade to the lear, that's great, but it's an upgrade to a Lear FO. Who knows how long it will be before your a CA. And the talk of raising gear and only using autopilots is BS. I know Craig likes to use that line. I can hand fly all day if I want to. Oh yeah I've had more than my share of 14 hour days at AirNet too.

Hey, to each his own right?

I'm not saying one is better than the other...it depends alot on the person... Me, I'm happy with my 4 ten hour days finishing shortly after midnight and a short 5th night...

Depends where you want to be in the end. If you want to eventually work at a major you're probably better off getting the 121 time in an RJ. Me, I think I'd rather end up at a Corporate Department...So, I'm probably better off with the Lear time and rating.

I know you guys do more than operate the gear handle, just giving you some sheit jay...

You still in CMH? Could you pm me Matt's number, my phone broke and I lost it?

As said, to each his own. For the past few years i have understood why our guys leave for the regionals after their 1 year with the company. The upgrade was to lear was very long. Now however i kind of have to side with the hanging out part. The upgrade time is coming down every day. The upgrade to Capt from FO is even shorter now with the airlines hiring our capt's away. I myself have been in the lear since Jul 2003 and have had two opportunities to upgrade to Capt already...that's a whole 8 months. Now i have not taken them because of personal reasons(read this as i do not want to move right now and i will not commute again with airnet). So upgrade from right to left is quick now. Plus for those who have been here before...you must agree that a lear beats an RJ any day. The things we can do without pax is amazing...try some of that stuff with pax and they will be cleaning the a/c for a month before they get the stench out.

So all in all, upgrade to lear capt here is now in line with upgrade to capt on an RJ at any regional...except Eagle :p :D Plus you can stay off welfare your entire time here...try that at those pesky regionals. I myself believe that there is no benefit to going to a regional after airnet...it actually might even slow your career down...airnet is a regional, you can go straight to the majors from us...in fact many will be headed away from here in the next month or two. Just check out the SWA seniority list here shortly...our guys will be on there...which is good, I want one of thier capt spots.

But all in all, who really cares...at least we can say we have a flying job. Go the way you want to go, just don't b!tch about the way others do it, someday you may be begging for their old jobs if this kind of downturn happens again.

Just heard NEW will remain 2 Van's...281 and 283.

DAL will still be a lear only base.

Rumor on Pay Scales

Just heard a rumor that our pay scale (procedure) whatever you want to call it may change.

I've heard 5th night time and a half going away, and being replaced with any time over 80 per pay period will be paid at double time.

Don't know if they will keep the 10 hour minimum rig per day, or go with 8, or what.

Anyone else hear this? I think it's pretty mixed, some runs will make more than they do now, and others less.

Let's NOT get started on payscales right now...very sore subject as many may know.

We still have no idea of what our "management set" raise will be for this year. I do however feel that the pay scale might go the 40 hour way as you said. But i think that 4 day runs will be paid at 10 hours per day with OT after 40 and 5 day runs paid at 8 hours a day with OT after 40. Other than that...????????????

Yeah, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing I had. It is a touchy subject.

In theory, that could amount to a rather large paycut if you had a 5 day run that never went over 8 hours of duty rig.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

i knew it would only be a matter of time before they screwed the fifth night pay. good luck to you guys.

Yikes...no more floater pay and now no OT for the fifth night???....YIKES. Good luck guys.

Me and Jay are on vacation.

how do you guys think this will affect the airnet SIC program starting up again? will the cutting of flights slow hiring? i'm guessing it will but just wondering...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back