Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
Just to let everyone hoping to get on with airnet and move down to the Dallas or New Orleans areas.

Dallas prop base will be closed within the next month. It will remain as a lear base only.

New Orleans will become a single Caravan base within the next month as well.

From what i have heard, Telesis will be taking over flying the light loads for us out of DAL, and i don't know what will happen in NEW.

THAT'S JUST GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my temporary killer day has just become permanent. That really $ucks!!!!:mad:

I don't know if it has so much to do with competition as much as loads. I know 1 run has no more than 300 lbs on it the entire day...5 legs...with two of them empty. Another had a little more, but we have found a way to cover it using other planes from other runs (ie: mine and then the one van out of NEW).

As far as scope and unions go, i will have one at my next job...come on Frontier or America West.

Also within the last month...

One prop run (603) lost out of STP, currently contracted out the Central Air. STP down to 3 Runs now, all C208. I really doubt any of the those runs are close to getting cut. Most are pretty heavy.

One (432) gone from MKE. Guess they made a MKE Floater position for the pilot though. This run is also now operated by Central Air.

I heard they were charting one run out of DAL, didn't know they we're closing the whole base though. I guess thats one way of dealing with the pilot shortage at the company now....

Anyone know of any other runs closing?

Any info out there on the HEF run I saw on the bid sheet a few weeks ago? I thought that might be a new one? Are they going to bid out all the CMH runs now, or just the weekend one that showed up this week?

WOW....

I was sorry to not work there anymore after the 17th of Feb.....

I sure do miss the guys I flew with (greatest group of pilots I have met yet)...but,

D A M N....I hope you guys all get yourselves to good places before things go sour for the jet crews like they are for the poor prop guys.

I must have floated 603 about 10-15 times (years ago). Sorry to see it go. Do they still have a prop floater up there?

Hope you all get to something good before the whole **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** ball goes up in flames!

L8R T8R!

I'd like to get a definition of "good places".

If you mean slaving 14 hours a day, or bored off your ass on reserve, with 10 days a month off, operating the gear handle in an RJ, I'd have to disagree.

I'll take my set schedule with known days off. Not to mention 50+% more pay.

Spend 2 minutes on the Regional Board and you can pretty much figure out how your life as a regional pilot will be.

I'll stick it out here, upgrade to the jet (Which is getting quicker and quicker) and hopefully end up in a good place....where I don't have to worry about what Delta will negotiate for a pay cut, what MidAtlantics rates are for the EMB170, or who MESA will **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** over this week.

ps, not trying to pick a fight, and **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good avatar man...

I was less than 6 months from the Capt seat on a Lear...

I am telling you, if you have a life, wife, or anything that might rhyme with the above....YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE NOT FLYING NIGHTS ANYMORE....

even if it is for a less money and more days off (eventually).

My one peice of advice after 3.5 years there....don't wait for the Lear. Do your time, get the experience, and move on. 1 year is enough....trust me.

I have heard rumors from CMH that AirNet will be switching to a 7 day a week airline in the not so far away future. Sounds like we would be out on trips for 5 days or so then get a couple days off like normal airlines. Anybody else hear this and have any thoughts on it.
Lots of runs being cancelled or changed around out east also...guess its time to streamline the operation and save some $$.

Any Idea as to which Caravan run out of NEW that will be cut. I'm in training now and have been assigned the NEW-BTR-BHM-ATL-BHM-NEW run after I get through training. Also heard rumors of putting a Baron down there????

Don't know about the NEW runs... doesn't one of the guys down there always have a van that has dual Garmin GPS/COM's? I think its the only one in the fleet with them.

I would think you would be able to ask the Chief Indians back there in CMH if that run was closing or not, and they should be able to tell you...

How much block is that run? (Not familiar with distances in the south...:) ) That sounds like one of those runs where you could possibly get to penetrate a single line of thunderstorms several times in one night!:D

I've heard lots of emphasis on a 5 day airline...actually, we already are a 7 day airline... I think they're talking more of working Monday thru Friday nights than the current schedule.

Last edited:
281 wont be going anywhere... because that would affect the 486 (mem) run on friday. They cut 198 (DAL) and 282 (NEW) 2 weeks ago, and if they are going to cut the other NEW run it'll be 283.. which is the one that has 2 empty legs (I think, but might have been changed a few weeks ago) The 281 run is a combined Bank and Lab run, so i doubt that'll go away. Talking to Dispatch the other day, they were saying that they are short Vans.. ie, need to take vans away from areas where they arent full, and replace it with a Navajo, or something like that. But have to agree... sounds like they are streamlining (sp) operatons.

Latest resources

Back