• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blueridge71

Outlasted two companies
U.S. airline fleets to shrink by more than 500 planes
According to a count by JP Morgan, U.S. airlines are taking 512 aircraft out of service this fall -- the equivalent of grounding Northwest Airlines' entire fleet. The number of mainline jets will shrink by 7%, while more than 11% of regional jets will be taken out of service. Among the big carriers, United Airlines is making the deepest cuts, grounding 94 737s and six 747s.

From the ATA news room. I don't have a WSJ subscription so I can't get the full article.

This will most likely be good news for the fractionals.

Having a massive oversupply of pilots is not good for any of us.

THAT is a true statement.

Everything the Airline's do lately is good news to Fractionals. But bad for the pilots.:nuts:
In light of evrything going on on Wall Street, I think we need to ask ourselves who we are hauling around on our aircraft. Many of the 40-50 ish age clients in and out of HPN and TEB are involved on WS. Just google them. With bonuses going down or away, how many are going to be able to continue with the luxurys. I really don't know, but my gut feeling is not good. I hope this is just paranoria.

In light of evrything going on on Wall Street, I think we need to ask ourselves who we are hauling around on our aircraft. Many of the 40-50 ish age clients in and out of HPN and TEB are involved on WS. Just google them. With bonuses going down or away, how many are going to be able to continue with the luxurys. I really don't know, but my gut feeling is not good. I hope this is just paranoria.

And also if the goverment gets involved with this bailout plan how much of this luxury will be control?
since they surely will have lots of control over this companies?

"Government Control"...........now there's an oxymoron.

Sparse, I know squat about business (or grammar) but your right nothing is bullet proof.

Latest resources

Back