Airlines over Miramar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cookmg

This may be sort of random, but I've lived in line with the departure course of Miramar for a couple years and within the past two weeks I've see two airliners over head apparently departing Miramar. One was United and the other Northwest. They were really low so it drew a lot of attention.

What might they be doing there?

Just curious.

Troop deployment......

Were they clearly landing/taking off, or up around 4000? Which way were they headed? West towards the coast, or eastbound? I live right under Mirimar's departure path in UTC. One of the DPs out of Lindbergh has planes taking off from RW9 making a left turn at 4000' to hdg 275 which would take them roughly over the Miramar/UTC area, but I'm not sure how often this DP is used - obviously only when RW9 is in use, which isn't very often. Otherwise I would guess it's troop movements like you mention.

My guess is that ATC was vectoring them over the pacific sequencing for the ILS to 9 at SAN. That happens alot this time of year because of the marine layer, AKA June gloom.

I have heard of an AA 767 landing at Miramar a few years back with an emergency of some sort.

Latest resources

Back