• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines or Not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newman brings about a good option. i wonder however, what exact opportunities exist at the a/c manufacturers/govt contractors that you qualify for on the basis of being a military pilot? I can see if you have a formal education in engineering or business, but just by virtue of being a mil pilot I wonder what opportunities newman is referring to??? (aside sim instructor on your airframe).

A lot of flight departments look for diversity, and many value military experience. At Cessna Flight Ops we have everything from bush pilots to military guys, and everything in between. Attitude is everything in these jobs, obviously. I also have friends working at Gulfstream.

I was opposed to standard corporate work--too many unknowns. Their will always be jobs with the manufacturers, though--demo, transportation, production test, experimental test. These are great jobs.

I also have buds working at Lockheed, doing work they can't talk about. The defense contractors value your experiences and can likely put you to work on special projects, not necessarily flying.

Latest resources

Back