Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mar said:
Wow.

I've been ignoring this thread until now. But it's actually pretty interesting to me.

Not that anyone asked, but here's the way I see it (as a lifelong non-smoker):

Right now, smoking is politically incorrect.

And right now, in the labor market, it's a buyer's market (the employers are the buyers; the workers are the sellers).

The combination of those two forces doesn't bode well for the personal rights crowd (of which I consider myself a member).

I'm for maximum personal freedom, however, given the dynamics of modern living I just don't think this fight will ever be fought.

There are less and less smokers every year.
And that's just a fact. We gotta pick our fights and there are more important issues that need to be addressed.

For all of my adult life I cant remember it ever being a "sellers" market. With programs such as affrimative action, its harded than ever being a white male. Is it fair, no, is it smart practice, no. As I was sitting at the falcons game last night I wondered what pro football might 'look' like if it practiced AA. Well, if AA is fair and just practice someone tell me why doesnt pro sports team use it. Blah, sorry for the tangent. Falcons beat the saints, GG.

Vote libertarian! The REAL small government political party.

Latest resources

Back