• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline to guard Transition...advise???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am pretty sure that Battle Creek was on the base reallignment and closure list that came out in 2005. I would advise you to join a unit that is going to be around for more than a couple of years.

yea i think they are moving to southridge. in MT clemens MI. which has sucked because Battle creek doent want to talk to me cause they are moving. and southridge doesnt want to talk to me cause the A-10s arent there yet!!

just get a fake set of transcripts (google online). Of the 2 units that hired me none checked and only one even opened my sealed transcript envelope.

tell them your went to "some county" community college, got your 2 year degree in avaition science then transfered to "some state"+"southern, northern, eastern, western" college/university and finished you 4yr. prof pilot degree.

I hope this is a joke.

I highly suggest ignoring this advise. Lying or intentionally mis-stating information will put you on the fast track to possible punshment under the UCMJ (uniformed code of military justice). A dishorable discharge for lying would be very hard to explain in an airline interview.

The "some country" college trick will probably fail. The military has a list of approved universities in which it will accept degrees. Before you spend your time getting your degree, speak to a reruiter and confirm that the school is on the approved list.

Additionally, contact the chief pilot at the unit. The chief pilot can give you the best advise regarding what they are requiring in pilot candidates.

Good Luck!

I hope this is a joke.

I highly suggest ignoring this advise. Lying or intentionally mis-stating information will put you on the fast track to possible punshment under the UCMJ (uniformed code of military justice). A dishorable discharge for lying would be very hard to explain in an airline interview.

The "some country" college trick will probably fail. The military has a list of approved universities in which it will accept degrees. Before you spend your time getting your degree, speak to a reruiter and confirm that the school is on the approved list.

Additionally, contact the chief pilot at the unit. The chief pilot can give you the best advise regarding what they are requiring in pilot candidates.

Good Luck!

Cheif Pilot...that would equate to Squardron Commander in military speak. If you call and ask for the CP you won't get anywhere.

Good Luck!

That is funny. Our chief pilot only has a business card. Knowing the selection process he/she....uhhhhh...I doubt it. Send it to the squadron commander or Ops Groups commander if you want a chance. The chief pilot is probably a furloughed airline person looking for a job who took an AGR or TECH job waiting for a recall. The interest is not in the candidate....send it to the man/woman who is runs the place. Just my view of the situation at a certain place.

That is funny. Our chief pilot only has a business card. Knowing the selection process he/she....uhhhhh...I doubt it. Send it to the squadron commander or Ops Groups commander if you want a chance. The chief pilot is probably a furloughed airline person looking for a job who took an AGR or TECH job waiting for a recall. The interest is not in the candidate....send it to the man/woman who is runs the place. Just my view of the situation at a certain place.

This is funny b/c our chief pilot handles all pilot hiring. He approves the candidate packages, and convienes the interview. If you were to send your package to my OG/CC or SQ/CC they will hand it to the chief pilot. Understandibly, each unit may have different procedures. The point is to contact someone of importance at the unit and ask them for advise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back