• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline stiffs hotels here to tune of $1M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would any Company be willing to do business with NWA? Is it me, or do these people in MSP seem worse than CO '91, US '02, UA '03?

Maybe they can get the SWA pilot we're talking about on the other threads to write about all of the positive we need to see in being in the Airline business.

ivauir said:
Payments taken back
Cousins said he received checks for $46,000 and $77,000 that came about a week apart around the end of last summer. He took both to his bank the day he received them, and even tried to cash them on the spot.
"The bank said, 'Come on, John, we can't do that,' but they both cleared the next day and the money was in the bank," Cousins said.
About two weeks later, the money was gone.
"The bank called me and told me to expect a big negative chunk because Northwest had declared bankruptcy and gone back and reversed the payments," Cousins said.

If the checks were cleared and the money was in the hotel bank account how can NWA get its hands on it? Can this be correct?

j41driver said:
If the checks were cleared and the money was in the hotel bank account how can NWA get its hands on it? Can this be correct?

And -- since it does seem to be correct -- there's no reason to think an unsecured creditor (i.e., pilot) could protect his money by moving it into a different bank account. Surely the court can follow the money, if it so chooses.

100LL... Again! said:
You guys are a bunch of melodramatic teenagers.

The hotels didn't provide "sleep and comfort" - how do you guys come up with that emotional propaganda crap, anyway?

They provided rooms for a client who had a contract. Possibly they didn't know about the scab issue. Even if they did, they were not aiding NW management. They sold a service for a price.

Your hyperbolic comments only show what an adolescent sense of victimhood you all have. No wonder management is cleaning everyone's clock.

Umm..........What?

100LL... Again! said:
You guys are a bunch of melodramatic teenagers.

The hotels didn't provide "sleep and comfort" - how do you guys come up with that emotional propaganda crap, anyway?

They provided rooms for a client who had a contract. Possibly they didn't know about the scab issue. Even if they did, they were not aiding NW management. They sold a service for a price.

Your hyperbolic comments only show what an adolescent sense of victimhood you all have. No wonder management is cleaning everyone's clock.

I am not sure how melodramatic it is, emotional, yes, and for the obvious reasons. However here is a man and his company seeking to do business with a company that is outsourcing their own employees, spending millions to destroy their own employees. If I were a business man and saw that I would be very concerned that company could turn on me with little warning to save a buck.

Kinda like meeting a married woman and sleeping with her, it may be fun, but if she got divorced would YOU marry her?

AA

Hello no....

I think AAFlyer hit the nail on the head

The hotels took a big risk in working with NWA to provide the rooms given the carrier's financial position, and they didn't do it out of the kindness of thier hearts, they did it simply because they saw a situation they felt they could benefit from/take advantage of.
Hey, their job is to provide lodging to paying customers, but it looks like the prospect of $$ overrode their judgement on how much of a risk they should have taken with the company.

And to answer the second part of the post " no, I wouldn't marry the no good cheating #@#!

well, as a consumer, can we go back to a company which has given us services and get our money back? No we cannot, and thats just one more sign that the corporations and their lawyers control our laws and government. They tell the government what is legal, so that the laws suit their corporate greed. What if he had taken the money out and spent it...what would have the back done then? I suppose they would have reposesed his hotel and such.......or thrown him in jail........these judges are just corrupt........i mean.....if you are a judge out there.....tell me why this is legal....why you are allowing these execs to take bonuses when money is owed to to hard working honest people.....tell my why this is legal.....tell me you will not get stock options or a secret seat on the airlines board when you retire......tell me you are not corrupt.....dam i wish judges read these posts.....they have to be accountable......does this mean the airlines can take money back out of my checking account? i am sure it does....

81Horse said:
And -- since it does seem to be correct -- there's no reason to think an unsecured creditor (i.e., pilot) could protect his money by moving it into a different bank account. Surely the court can follow the money, if it so chooses.

As I understand it, the company can take back payments they made they can get their hands on. If they try to take back funds they have deposited into a pilot's checking or savings account and the account is empty, they are out of luck. I'm pretty sure no bankruptcy court is going to let them go after it. Besides, most of us living paycheck to paycheck in this wonderful industry will have spent it already on niceties like food, shelter, etc..

AAflyer said:
I am not sure how melodramatic it is, emotional, yes, and for the obvious reasons. However here is a man and his company seeking to do business with a company that is outsourcing their own employees, spending millions to destroy their own employees. If I were a business man and saw that I would be very concerned that company could turn on me with little warning to save a buck.

Kinda like meeting a married woman and sleeping with her, it may be fun, but if she got divorced would YOU marry her?

AA

Hello no....

We have a winner!!

I do not think that there is any great moral wrong in renting those hotel rooms. That said, this point is accurate.

I think that he might have been pretty gullible to let NW have an open line of credit on this deal. It would have been cash up front for me if I was dealing with NW management. Who are scum, to be sure.

COpilot said:
Why would any Company be willing to do business with NWA? Is it me, or do these people in MSP seem worse than CO '91, US '02, UA '03?

It's not you......these guys are the worst of the worst. They'd trade their birth mother for stock options.

They have shafted EVERYONE they have ever dealt with......Boeing, Airbus, the state of MN, the "stinking" employees, the creditors, lessors, vendors, passengers.......you name it.

They are soooo enamored with themselves, they have become legends in their own minds. They believe their own press releases. Their steroidal egotistical condition will lead to the destruction of the company. But it will be the employee's fault, of course.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back