• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Ski discounts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last winter (and I'm sure this winter, I just haven't been there yet) Aspen was giving the "travel industry discount." I showed my corporate ID (NBAA Aircrew badge) and they gave me 16 or 17 bucks off the standard price. As said above, the tix are still expensive, but at least what you save will buy you a burger on the mountain.

It has been a few years but I've been to quite a few of the NAASF ski weeks, including two World Airline Ski weeks in the States. They are a lot of fun and I highly recommend trying to attend one if you can. I started a ski club at a charter airline in the mid-90s so as to attend the airline ski weeks. I was a one man ski team with that airline. You don't have to do the racing if you don't want to. Some people take it seriously, most are there just for fun. Back when I was going we were sponsored by the likes of Budweiser, Bacardi, etc. Made for some wild parties.

If you go to an International week then take lots of airline stuff to trade. The Europeans love to trade for pins, t-shirts, and other airline stuff.

Typhoonpilot

350DRIVER said:
Anyone know of any contact information to the operators that set up the heli-skiing in CO?. I plan on doing this at Whistler in jan but also would like to give it a go in CO and thus far I have been unable to locate any information.

3 5 0
Here ya go:

in Tellruide

www.helitrax.net

Telluride used to give free "T-cards" as a travel industry discount (all you needed was a company ID). The T-card gives pretty big discounts and even free skiing during the off, off season.

Nope - I have ridden at Telluride many times and seen their base of operations (looked nice) but never had the cash to partake myself. They usually pick up from a parking lot by the village or at their base which was a few miles outside of town. Never heard anything bad about them. But then I suppose I never heard anything good either. I'd do it if I had the cash. Plus Telluride is a fun town so there you go.

Does anyone know if there are any interline deals available for ski vacations. I can't find any on Perx.com or the ASU travel guide. Thanks.

ASE always gives travel industry discounts as well as the resort in Durango

Alyeska deals

They usually have some good deals. Last year midweek it was a room at the lodge and lift ticket for 99 bucks. Good considering the lodge at the foot of the lifts is the only 4 star hotel in the state. Its my favorite ski resort...great lifts, snow, etc, no crowds

Latest resources

Back