Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Hey everyone I remember hearing that certain ski areas will give an airline discount all season long - does anyone happen to know which areas extend us this offer? Specifically in CO? Thanks.

Twotter76

Vail and Beaver Creek.

I called them (Vail anyway) after I posted this and they don't seem to know anything about it for this season...

I bought my lift tickets at the Vail ticket counter. Ask for the "travel industry discount". Worked for me when I showed my airline ID. Don't make a big deal out of being a pilot. The discount is for the travel industry.

I just called BC and they are indeed offering the discount so I suppose that Vail is as well, I suppose they just didn't get the memo. $57 ticket they tell me - certainly cheaper than the published $77 rate but still pricey, but then again where isn't these days?

Yep, that sounds about right.

If you REALLY want cheap (as in FREE), try this...

http://www.parkcityinfo.com/skiing/quickstart/

The only catches are 1) you have to fly in the same day you are going to ski, and 2) you have to jumpseat on an airline that will give you a boarding pass.

Twotter76 said:
OK I am doing that at least once this season. Anyone here ever go to an airline ski week hosted my the NAASF? Heard that they are a good time....

www.naasf.com

I've never been but I've also been thinking about checking it out. Let us know how it goes.

Twotter76 said:
Hey everyone I remember hearing that certain ski areas will give an airline discount all season long - does anyone happen to know which areas extend us this offer? Specifically in CO? Thanks.

Twotter76
I think Keystone has some sort of a discount that is in place and the lift ticket will also allow you to ski Breckenridge. Nice powder and the outback at Keystone offers some pretty nice runs. Aspen and Keystone are probably the two that I try to frequent the most. Durango also offers some pretty decent skiing.

Anyone know of any contact information to the operators that set up the heli-skiing in CO?. I plan on doing this at Whistler in jan but also would like to give it a go in CO and thus far I have been unable to locate any information.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back