• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots and security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...TSA’s actions are expected to lead to expansion of the identification verification program....

I'm very familiar with this program. The last time I posted about, some whiney pilot complained to the moderators I was sharing "security sensitive intell" and the moderator sent me a nasty-gram. Whatever...

Trust me, if you're pissed off at the TSA doing their little indian dance around our crews infront of passengers...just imagine what it will be like when these same numble-nuts get to look at your life history on their govt. issued crackberries.

I just got the full treatment in the crew line, in uniform at MCO last week. Swabbed my bags down, etc... but the vendors etc going through before me went straight through.

Make them delay a flight for this garbage.
Demand a Supervisor and Local law enforcement and a private screening; they have to comply with that request...screw these ****************************************.

>>>>>...and soon it will be possible to put it in place at airports nationwide," said Capt. John Prater, president of ALPA.<<<<

I wonder what "soon" will be? Knowing how the governement works, four or five years sounds about right.

Make them delay a flight for this garbage.
Demand a Supervisor and Local law enforcement and a private screening; they have to comply with that request...screw these ****************************************.

Its federal law get over it. They have a job to do.

The TSA is not the only ones at fault here. They are not making you go through security. It is your company's policy. There are many airlines and locations where the crews can bypass security. We (SWA) had it in LAS, before it was a base. Also when I have used Skywest in Billings the crew walks across the bag scale at the ticket counter and goes to their aircraft. The best I have seen so far is KPIT. TSA guy with a laptop and a good attitude lets you breeze on in.

Latest resources

Back