• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bit off topic...Go PACKERS! It's truly a shame to see a F.I.B. living in Wisconsin ;)

i work in wisconsin, but live in illinois. da bears! da white sox! cubs suck! da bulls! da hawks (wirtz must die or sell)! da fire (vive cuahtemoc)!

Last edited:
if they say age 60 is discrimination, then why isn't 65 discrimination? double standard. if these guys really wanted to do away with "age discrimination" among airline pilots then have no retirement age at all.

65 is just as bad. Hey man. I don't blame them. They are at the top of their earnings game. Why quit now when most have the bidding horsepower to do what they want and make bank doing it.

Just be honest about your motives.

Gup

Caution!...

One pilot's opinion of Paul Emens does not define him, nor his legacy...especially in as controversial an arena as seniority (talk about motive). As far as I am aware, he has worked steadfastly on this one issue for at least 15 years, probably longer. I don't know of many pilots who are willing to put forth that kind of effort to change this rule, especially when in their early forties or even younger. Please don't take one person's statement to define the person or his character.

Hey Prussian.

I didn't say PE wasn't a diehard advocate of change. The man has fought relentlessly for this change for many many years and should be commended for his tenasity. What I said about him was he is a prick and antagonistic. THAT can't be debated.

Hope that clears things up.

Gup

Hi Gup...

I still disagree with your characterization of him (still just one opinion), and would like to leave it at that.

Prussian

Here is anothers opinion, he is an arrogant prick. Just if it does change I hope it will be the day after he retires, if not he'll be pushin for 70. the good news is that we will lose another arrogant arse early next month in Dal

There ought to be a membership list

Is this floating around?

The funny thing is if these geezers get their wish, they'll work themselves to death and be outlived by some on the FAMOUS list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back