• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've met him on more than one occassion and that man is confrontational and arrogant.

I whole heartedly disagree. I have know Paul for 25 years and he is a very dedicated passionate guy. He has worked tirelessly for the Pilot groups for much of his career, long before becomming a champion for the age 60. Perhaps a little time getting to know somebody besides a little a/c change chat would soften your view to show you that he and many others paved the road to your current situation

You are hiding behind anonymity do you have the balls to post YOUR real name on this board?

Um, what is YOUR name and employee number, Mr Ballsy?

GMAFB, I post with my real name on the union web site just like he does.

I have not said or written anything I'm ashamed of, but the point of these boards is that I can speak out without fear of retribution or intimidation, which PE and his buds have done before.

What I do have is the brains to know that PE is well connected and he can (and would) make my life difficult ...

Even hiding behind the same mask of anonymity that you use I would never be as rude or condensending as Captain Emens is in person. Do not get me started on Captain Peters.

I'm sorry this offends you. But even lowly FOs can have opinions and in the internet age we have a place to express them. There is another point of view in this debate and the only way it can be heard is with the anonymity provided by the internet. It is easy to be "ballsy" when you have all the power in a given situation, isn't it?

Um, what is YOUR name and employee number, Mr Ballsy?

GMAFB, I post with my real name on the union web site just like he does.

I have not said or written anything I'm ashamed of, but the point of these boards is that I can speak out without fear of retribution or intimidation, which PE and his buds have done before.

What I do have is the brains to know that PE is well connected and he can (and would) make my life difficult ...

Even hiding behind the same mask of anonymity that you use I would never be as rude or condensending as Captain Emens is in person. Do not get me started on Captain Peters.

I'm sorry this offends you. But even lowly FOs can have opinions and in the internet age we have a place to express them. There is another point of view in this debate and the only way it can be heard is with the anonymity provided by the internet. It is easy to be "ballsy" when you have all the power in a given situation, isn't it?

Can't say that I didn't see this post coming.

To answer your question; if I post someone's name on a board I use MY real name. If you want to vent under the cover of anonymity that's fine but if you attack someone personally (using their real name) use yours. Even if I knew your name I wouldn't use it publicly unless I used mine.

Clear enough?

I get your point BFB. I doubt any of us would slander an innocent victim on these boards.

Read any press release with APAAD's name on it. Whose name do you see?

Gup

you can't use the argument that one mandatory retirement age is discriminatory and that ANOTHER mandatory age is not. it's absolute stupidity.

My thoughts exactly.

The group should be called "Airline Pilots that have too many bills and ex-wives for Age 65" not "Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination".....that makes no sense.

Nice one MegaDeth.

Instead of "Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination" they should be called.........

"Crusty Captains Against Furloughee Recall"
"Salty Captains Against FO Upgrade"
"Old Captains With Alimony Out the A$$"
"Broke Captains (Formerly: FOs Without Financial Planning)"

Any others?

Last edited:
Nice one MegaDeath.

Instead of "Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination" they should be called.........

"Crusty Captains Against Furloughee Recall"
"Salty Captains Against FO Upgrade"
"Old Captains With Alimony Out the A$$"
"Broke Captains (Formerly: FOs Without Financial Planning)"

Any others?

Those are good.

Latest resources

Back