• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilot Pay justification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what the original post is forgetting about is the thousands of other employees that make up an airline. the 2 pilots are only 2 of those thousands.
Also, fuel costs more than wages anyway. so that $300 ticket is already down to $150.

still though, get all you can, just don't use an argument resembling this.

Why not?
It's not arrogant to say that most passengers could care less how well their rampers and gate agents and even flight attendants are paid- but they care that pilots in this country are the best at what wevdo and don't mind paying the price of a starbucks to ensure it.

The economics guys like Yip ignore is that the really great among us who have gotten wrapped up in multiple furloughs have bailed on this industry bc of pay. Why would they stay when their talents command more in other industries? I have too many friends who have made just this decision.

It does remind me of the old joke we used to say- how we'd all get paid a LOT more at the commuters if we were allowed to put a tip jar out.

The absolute 1000% truth of it was what made it funny. Too many of my relatives were shocked at how little we made-

Latest resources

Back