Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline pilot means no control over your life!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Outside of The Airlines

The airlines bite man !!!

I would like a job that pays well and does mostly off airport type of flying. It also needs to pay well and let me have a lot of time off. It also needs to be located in the northwest and I don't like bosses to much. I also would like my magical fairy to make me 10 years younger and to make me president of the world.

Skyline

Skyline said:
I also would like my magical fairy to make me 10 years younger and to make me president of the world.

Skyline

The correct title is "Emperor of the World".

The judges will also accept:

"Supreme Tyrant"
"Maximum Leader & Dictator For Life"
"Globus Maximus"

Getting paid to defy gravity makes me feel like I've won the game. Ask a little kid if he rather sit in a cubicle all day and prepare Quarterly Business Estimates...or fly an airplane wearing cool sunglasses.

Then be that kid.

Control? Control is an illusion. Success is the ability to deal with plan "B"!

If you don't have the mindset, though...avoid the airlines. How can you tell if you have the "right stuff"? If you can enjoy the scenery on a detour, you got it!

Plan "B"

Well put Occam's Razor.

Skyline said:
I also would like my magical fairy to make me 10 years younger and to make me president of the world.

Skyline
C'mon, now that's ridiculous. We all know there are no magical fairies...:rolleyes:

Occam's Razor said:
The correct title is "Emperor of the World".

The judges will also accept:

"Supreme Tyrant"
"Maximum Leader & Dictator For Life"
"Globus Maximus"

Also: "Biggus Dickus", but you have to be in the right frame of mind...

C

As Mark Twain observed, "Most folks are as happy as they make their minds up to be". Some people will never be happy, no matter what, and others will be happy as a pig in s#!t with nothing.

I enjoy flying, and I like my job just fine, but all the rest of the crap is getting old, especially the commute. I have been working hard to develop new income streams so that I am not dependent on my airline. When the time comes that I feel it's no longer worth doing, I will walk away from it, and you guys will be welcome to it.

In the meantime, I resolve to try to change the bad parts and enjoy the good parts, and not just spend my time bitc#ing. That gets old fast.

Ty Webb said:
As Mark Twain observed, "Most folks are as happy as they make their minds up to be". Some people will never be happy, no matter what, and others will be happy as a pig in s#!t with nothing.

I enjoy flying, and I like my job just fine, but all the rest of the crap is getting old, especially the commute. I have been working hard to develop new income streams so that I am not dependent on my airline. When the time comes that I feel it's no longer worth doing, I will walk away from it, and you guys will be welcome to it.

In the meantime, I resolve to try to change the bad parts and enjoy the good parts, and not just spend my time bitc#ing. That gets old fast.
:D Rodger that!

Occam's Razor said:
Getting paid to defy gravity makes me feel like I've won the game. Ask a little kid if he rather sit in a cubicle all day and prepare Quarterly Business Estimates...or fly an airplane wearing cool sunglasses.

Then be that kid.

Perfect.

Yea !!!

Plan B or C or D or ECT......

Hey man, why is it that whenever one of my big deal major airline guys calls to console me and my ended flying career I end up consoling them? They are crying about "low pay" and "long hours" then they carry on about "being away from home too much". I'm thinking like "dude you are like flying a brand new 737 and making some real dough bro". They don't care. They want to do their own thing like me. It's just sad man. They need our help yo.

Skyline

Latest resources

Back