• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline pilot hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leave InstructorDude alone........he is my hero.........

Have you seen the pay?

I keep hearing these negative pay/contract and "Don't work here or there" etc....type comments. Keep in mind there are a lot of us on furlough and have been for quite some time. Unemployment sucks and eventually runs out. Our currency/competitiveness is slowly dwindling. Right now we don't have too many options. I am sure the gentleman who posted the question is well aware of the pay. Desperate times. Your post had nothing to do with helping him with his question.

I keep hearing these negative pay/contract and "Don't work here or there" etc....type comments. Keep in mind there are a lot of us on furlough and have been for quite some time. Unemployment sucks and eventually runs out. Our currency/competitiveness is slowly dwindling. Right now we don't have too many options. I am sure the gentleman who posted the question is well aware of the pay. Desperate times. Your post had nothing to do with helping him with his question.

"I cried bc I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"

As someone who's been furloughed- I promise that kind of attitude won't serve you.

In the words of Ross Perot- I'll sweep streets for a living if it feeds my family. Go ahead and collect unemployment- I didn't, but you can- BUT- it's meant to be a stopgap- not something you collect until it runs out.

Time to scrap!! Relish it- or you choose by default to be miserable

As someone who's been furloughed- I promise that kind of attitude won't serve you.

In the words of Ross Perot- I'll sweep streets for a living if it feeds my family. Go ahead and collect unemployment- I didn't, but you can- BUT- it's meant to be a stopgap- not something you collect until it runs out.

I can't stand idiots that have this kind of attitude. Being furloughed right now in this economy is a bad place to be. I very seriously doubt that this person is sitting around waiting for unemployment to end to start looking for a job. Give me a break!!!

I was hired at a major and not a Captain.

Some airlines do hire Street Captains but it is rare.

You're statement makes no sense at all. You said "Airlines dont hire Fos they hire Captains-they just spend the first 10 years as an FO" If they hired a Captain then how do they spend 10 years as an FO???? I thought they were hired as a Capt? Think before you type bro.

You Sir are an IDIOT! Please--please--please tell me you don't fly airplanes. You haven't even mastered the English language.

I can't stand idiots that have this kind of attitude. Being furloughed right now in this economy is a bad place to be. I very seriously doubt that this person is sitting around waiting for unemployment to end to start looking for a job. Give me a break!!!

And I can't stand people who don't plan for a furlough, don't have savings or a backup and then lecture those who do have a job that they should be happy no matter what mgmt does and no matter how bad their contract is.
I never said it doesn't suck and savings can disappear very fast. But just bc their are pilots on furlough doesn't mean an airline all of a sudden doesn't have issues that ought to be talked about and addressed. Again- I've been there- I have empathy. But you're wrong. I said his attitude wouldn't serve him. And I stand by it.

The "you should just be happy to have a job" kind of energy is better used elsewhere when furloughed. For starters, try supporting those still at work in their union.

Thanks for the "advice". I am on my second furlough and have a positive "attitude". I am not on unemployment, I was for a few months, but I know a bunch of furloughs that are. I was lucky and found a non-flying job in aviation. However, I still feel bad for all pilots on the street right now who are trying to find any kind of job in this economy. So, when a guy asks a legitimate question about an airline, there is ALWAYS somebody that questions his intelligence for asking about said airline for one reason or another. The guy that started this thread asked how he could better prepare for an airline interview, possibly at Airtran...and a few post's later somebody questioned him about Airtrans pay scale. How does that help the guy? Start your own thread if you want to complain about pay, or whatever, at a particular airline. Try to help not hinder.

BTW: I second the Irv Jasinski book and also Cheryl Cage's book"Checklist for Success"

JAB31-
I reread your 1st post and I did come across real magnanamous. That wasn't my intention and I made assumptions. Good luck while you're out and I hope you get back in the flight deck soon if that's what you want to do.

JAB31-
I reread your 1st post and I did come across real magnanamous. That wasn't my intention and I made assumptions. Good luck while you're out and I hope you get back in the flight deck soon if that's what you want to do.

No worries my friend! I agree with everything you said actually. My beef wasn't with you at all. It was aimed towards the guy with the payscale reply to the original post. I just think if a guy posts a question, lets answer it for him, leave the airline bad mouthing in the appropriate thread, that's all.

Latest resources

Back