Airline Mergers--from our favorite paper

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Northlanta Airlines. Sounds sweet.

It's not a matter of the General knowing all. His observations on this matter are dead on and he points out something that is a very real possibility and the heads here in Washington are already talking.

It's been said that the industry will consolidate. Well folks, consolidation is here.

With the reduction of mainline flying in CVG, isn't it already happeneing. The general is on to something.

DNeWlAta...since NWA bring way more to the table...

vetteracer said:
DELTAWEST

??????????????????????

Could anything really surprise anyone anymore?

Actually it would be NWA.

NWA has exclusive 5th freedom rights with the Japanese using NRT as a hub. If the Corporate entity that is NWA goes away so do those rights as I understand it.

Fly4hire said:
Actually it would be NWA.

NWA has exclusive 5th freedom rights with the Japanese using NRT as a hub. If the Corporate entity that is NWA goes away so do those rights as I understand it.

So, was it written as NORTHWEST ORIENT, or NORTHWEST? You dropped the ORIENT part, so I bet you could add DELTA to it also. DELTA ORIENT will be great. DELTA is also bigger, and as more planes to paint. All speculation though. I can't wait to bid the whale......TIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

sandman2122 said:
The ink isn't even dry on the bankruptcy paperwork and the "general" is already predicting how to merge with NWA.......................incredible.

Did this bankruptcy just sneek up on us? No, it was known for a while that it would probably happen. Do you think people look ahead to figure out plans? You don't? Really? I heard speculation about this 6 months ago. Grinstein has been saying for awhile that consolidation will happen, and this from the guy who specializes in mergers. (Western with Delta, and two train companies together also) A lot of my speculation is just that, speculation. Is that allowed anymore? Not in Memphis...?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back