• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Hello all,

I'm writing a paper about labor relations for my last college class, and I contacted ALPA National because I was hoping to get some airline contracts to use for my presentation about post 9/11 airline collective bargaining. I got a curt response back that "ALPA only communicates with our trusted media partners" or some such nonsense, despite the academic nature of my request.

I was hoping the good people of this forum could help me out and supply me with electronic copies of the contract of the following airlines, as I already have a copy of XJT's contract (thank you Neil):

Delta (pre and post concessions if possible)
Comair
ASA
PSA
US Airways (pre and post concessions if possible)
Piedmont
Pinnacle
Mesaba
Trans States

I have already searched the internet and found some info, but I was hoping to get CBAs to reference. If somebody could send me a copy of the Jetblue "agreement" as well, that would also be helpful.

Thank you all ahead of time for your assistance!

BoilerUP said:
Hello all,

"I got a curt response back that "ALPA only communicates with our trusted media partners" or some such nonsense, despite the academic nature of my request."

You know using the word "nonsense" and ALPO in the same sentence can be considered anti-union. But, if you gave ALPO some money/a percentage of your salary and joined their union then "you" could be trusted with ALPO's union information. Heck, even a fourloughed union pilot can't be trusted with this information...wait a minute... I must be trusted, I still get their great ALPO magazine. My union dues... I mean your union dues at work. Many thanks to Duane Worthless.

I've gotten TSA's contract, and the link to the ASA website is excellent!

Thanks for your help guys...still hoping to get the other contracts though. Please bear in mind I'm asking for these to write a paper, not for any other motive. Feel free to PM if necessary.

Who did you speak with at National? PM me and I will give you the Manager of Communications' email address. She will talk personally with you and help you out as best she can. She is great. A lot of times, the trick is getting past the bureaucracy and finding the right people to talk to for the right information.

Also, not sure if this is a labor relations class or just an aviation science class, but I have spoken in several collective bargaining classes as well as airline classes and have some notes from those presentations if you'd like them.

-Neal

Ask some ATA pilots about airline contracts and collective bargaining. With that, I'll bet you can soon write a chapter or two on section 1113. Then, call a few TWA guys. You could write a book if you wanted there.

Latest resources

Back