• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Apps Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This response just makes *YOU* look stupid. The question asked is "do you have a type rating" - the answer is "Yes". If you answer NO then you have answered the question incorrectly and somewhere on the form it may ask you to sign off that you have answered the questions truthfully.

If they wanted to know if you have a PIC type rating, they'd ask that question now wouldn't they? But that's not the question they ask. It probably will be soon when they figure out the question they are asking is not the question intended - but if you LIE on your application and say you do not have a type rating when you do, now that's a serious problem.

I'm sure your father, if he really sits on an interview board, is a LOT more intelligent than you are.

Nicely said!!!!

Sounds like enough info for me. I think the best way to go is check yes, because by definition its a type with a restriction on it so it is simply a yes answer. Airline apps doesnt allow to explain so I will explain that the second I walk in the door. That should satisfy everyone. I"d rather check yes and explain the restriction, then check no and explain why I said I dont have something that is printed on my ticket.

hope your dad understands...:rolleyes:

This response just makes *YOU* look stupid. The question asked is "do you have a type rating" - the answer is "Yes". If you answer NO then you have answered the question incorrectly and somewhere on the form it may ask you to sign off that you have answered the questions truthfully.

If they wanted to know if you have a PIC type rating, they'd ask that question now wouldn't they? But that's not the question they ask. It probably will be soon when they figure out the question they are asking is not the question intended - but if you LIE on your application and say you do not have a type rating when you do, now that's a serious problem.

I'm sure your father, if he really sits on an interview board, is a LOT more intelligent than you are.

Touche!!! (with the accent over the "e"! :)

Did you do a checkride to get your type? If yes, check the box yes. If not, answer no. pretty simple.

It's a type rating. Just because it has an SIC only restriction doesn't change the fact that it's a type rating. They do need to have an additional box that says "SIC type rated". Yes, you take a checkride to get the type rating just like any other airline pilot-you just probably took it at a different time than when the license was issued.

Did you do a checkride to get your type? If yes, check the box yes. If not, answer no. pretty simple.

Yes it was an FAA oral and practical checkride with ATP standards.

"A pilot may get an SIC type rating by completing SIC familiarization training as described in 61.55(d), or by satisfactorily completing an approved second-in-command training program or a proficiency check under parts 121, 125, or 135 as described in 61.55(e)."

ok, maybe it's not required as you can get familiariztion training..but most 121 pilots just use a pro check as the "checkride".

Latest resources

Back