AirInc LAX Seminar in April. You going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto_Pilot

I was just looking at the list of airlines who will be attending Kit Darby's latest love-fest in LAX in April.

His website shows:

Alaska
Comair
ACA
& Pinnacle

Thats a pretty weak list. I would imagine that attendance would be at an all-time low. Anyone know if any of these will be scheduling interviews at the show?

POOR KIT DARBY - I GUESS NO NEW YACHT THIS YEAR FOR YOU - I 'M SORRY KIT -IS THE GUY AT AVIATION INTERVIEWS.COM PUTTING YOU OUTA BUSINESS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CHARGE ANYTHING AND GIVES BETTER UP TO DATE INFO??????- BOO HOO- BOO HOO- KIT DARBY IS A FREAKIN PARASITE- LIVING OFF THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF OTHERS - AND SUCKING THEM DRY - (in my humble opinon) KIT DARBY IS ROBBING PEOPLE BLIND! max

Some of the conferences are good. Last year LAX should have been canx. Seems the LAX conference is alway lacking in companies. The only good thing I see so far at this years LAX is ALASKA. You cannot get a resume to them unless you have an inside or go to the conference. Although I know of NO ONE that has got an interview from them that attended in the past few years. I heard COMAIR backed out on some interviews that they scheduled at the Dallas Conf. So, who knows. I have attended three conferences and heard nothing. I am currently happy to be in a pool with the company I wanted and did not get that from the conference. I guess there might be some people getting interviews through the conference, but in todays environment, it is tough. The positive is you get face time, and you never know, it only takes one time to meet the right person, if you do not go broke first.
Flyingchef

What do you mean by Comair backed out of some interviews? Did they call some people and tell them "we scheduled you for an interview, but we changed our mind?" I find that hard to believe. I went to the fair and scheduled an interview with them for this comming week.

rk772.
I was told by a reserve guy that he was scheduled for an interview and Comair called him and said that his interview was not happening , but may get rescheduled.
This was sometime last week or the week before. I was surprised to here it. The conferences I have been to, Comair normally does interview scheduling. The company probably got overwhelmed and is rescheduling. The line was huge. I did not drop my resume there, but I met some of the people at DC and Dallas, (same group). They were a great group of people. Who knows why this happened , maybe the guy backed out himself.( he is also a helo guy) It seems like a great company. The training phase is the only drawback.(7 days paid by company, 83 days paid by employee). I can't remember, but I think they do get 250.00 a week. That may pay for hotel. The bigger they get, I am sure that will change.
Flyingchef

Otto_Pilot,

Hasn't it been that most of the airlines that come to the shows sign up sooner to the show date? Two months out is a bit far to be calling the list "weak"! Don't you think?

IMBB

Maxwell Smart said:
POOR KIT DARBY - I GUESS NO NEW YACHT THIS YEAR FOR YOU - I 'M SORRY KIT -IS THE GUY AT AVIATION INTERVIEWS.COM PUTTING YOU OUTA BUSINESS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CHARGE ANYTHING AND GIVES BETTER UP TO DATE INFO??????- BOO HOO- BOO HOO- KIT DARBY IS A FREAKIN PARASITE- LIVING OFF THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF OTHERS - AND SUCKING THEM DRY - (in my humble opinon) KIT DARBY IS ROBBING PEOPLE BLIND! max

Maxwell, you could stand to attend an Air, Inc. seminar! I highly doubt you are even in the running for a potential airline job anyway, considering how eloquently you speak! There's no room for ebonics here, Mr. Smart!
"Just say No" to drugs!

ANUS- I hope you come to my airline for an interview - so I can roll over and tell yo Mama - you din't get no job------MAX

Anais Nin said:
Maxwell, you could stand to attend an Air, Inc. seminar! I highly doubt you are even in the running for a potential airline job anyway, considering how eloquently you speak! There's no room for ebonics here, Mr. Smart!
"Just say No" to drugs!

Nice attempt to deter the attention away from his arguments.

Kit’s seminars & pubs (at their current rates) are a self-serving attempt to take an unfair advantage of people looking for jobs. I would respect him if he was, at least, honest in his disclosure of today’s environment but instead he offers his empty rhetoric of unfulfilled promises in hopes of someone biting (as many do). I had previously been an Air inc member. His prices are unreasonable because he has monopoly on job fairs (only source now days to meet an airline rep) and interview material stats/profiles. If he’d only come out & say, “Dear Customer, your quals don’t cut the mustard, but I’ll take you money as long as you know the odds are against you, but stranger things have happened,” instead of his usual flashes, “airlines are looking for pilots.” Buyer Beware.

"Say no to drugs" - you lost me on that one?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back