AirInc LAX Seminar in April. You going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maxwell and the Darby Haters:

I know Kit and his organization are a big targets for you guys to take out your frustrations on, but may I point out a few things:

1. Air Inc. is a business, not a charity ward or shoulder to cry on for out of work pilots. It's not expoitation to run a business that brings airlines and pilots together for seminars. Sure, the hiring outlook is bleak, but that isn't Kit's fault (hell, his airline is about to go TU!). And if you think its a waste of your time to go to his seminar, THEN DON'T GO!

2. The world is filled with naysayers just like yourself. Unwittingly, you and your ilk do a tremendous disservice to pilots looking for work. You rob them of hope and foster useless contempt for an organization that has provided numerous pilots their current airline job (myself included). Thankfully, I didn't know of Flightinfo.com prior to my Air Inc. Conference. If I had, I may have decided not to go, or been off my game thinking I was wasting my time and money.

3. Do they pass out some airline "kool-aid" at these seminars? Sure, it's a business! But with a proper filter and the right attitude, a pilot may just be able to land an airline job. Then again, maybe not. No guarantees, just opportunities.

So until you start hosting an airline conference out of you home basement that competes with Kit, I guess the rest of us lunkheads will just have to go the the next Air Inc. conference in LAX.

By then, Kit may even be looking for another dream airline job! :D

Flyingchef said:
The only good thing I see so far at this years LAX is ALASKA. You cannot get a resume to them unless you have an inside or go to the conference. Although I know of NO ONE that has got an interview from them that attended in the past few years.

I can think of at least a dozen who got interviews at Alaska after going to Air-Inc, OBAP, or WIA in the last two years.

Singlecoil said:
I can think of at least a dozen who got interviews at Alaska after going to Air-Inc, OBAP, or WIA in the last two years.

So, are there any job fair options for regular white guys besides Kit? Yes, I know that OBAP doesn't discrimitate on race, and WIA doesn't discriminate on sex, but I can imagine that recriuters would think I'm a low-life for showing up at OBAP or WIA.

Kit Darby

Don't waste your money, and more importantly, time, by feathering the Pied Piper of Pilot Shortage's nest and wallet. I went to a Kit FAPA seminar in LAX ten years ago, when there was a similar hiring and economic slowdown. I did not learn any more than I already knewn and Kit's exhibitors weren't interested in someone with my quals, anyway.

Ten years ago there was no internet and it was hard to obtain timely information about the industry. Kit has been eclipsed by the information age. You can run internet searches for contact information. Message boards such as this one are a great source of real-time information as well.

Someone suggested some time ago that Kit should redraft his business plan to help furloughed pilots cope and find their way back instead of promoting sophistries about pilot shortages and large hiring. I think that's a great idea.

I appreciate Richard's point that Kit is running a business. A business founded on promoting half-truths.

Last edited:
Richard- You know I don't have so much of the beef with the Conference- but its like a continuous info commercial before you get to meet and greet-- And Kit is still charging 200 bucks - multiply that by how many people are in the room - and you will grasp how much coin Kit is pulling in - - Not to mention his info commercial during the conference - every speaker has something to sell and Kit is taking his "Fittty percent" - making a bundle- I have absolutely no respect for that man- Yeah if he were handing jobs out left and right- sure- but all he is doing is getting the recruiters together - buying them a nice dinner and selling that too you for 200 bucks-- is overhead is probably w/lunch about 20 bucks per person- you figure out his profit margin-- MAX

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back