Aircraft recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetstream

I'm working with a friend who wants to aquire an aircraft for his business. The need is to be able to fly four adults, including pilot, plus a bag each to destinations primarlily in the southeast. He needs to be able to go even when the weather is bad so radar and known icing certification is probably going to be a requirement.

Looking for aircraft recommendations. His budget for the purchase is $250-300k.

need to go when the weather is iffy on a 300K budget?

Charter a King Air from a reputable operation.

need to go when the weather is iffy on a 300K budget?

Charter a King Air from a reputable operation.
ditto, a 300K airplane is an airplane where you will say "No it is not a good idea to fly tonight" He needs to be able to go even when the weather is bad so radar and known icing certification is probably going to be a requirement. Which with the stated mission of "go anywhere anytime" will not sit well with an owner who just spent $300K Not to mention these airplanes are so easy to overload. Go to the 500K range, older KA-90, AC-690.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm an airline guy so I've been away from GA for a while. Weather issues aside, what would be a good aircraft for him given the $250-300K budget? Right now I'm thinking along the lines of Seneca V, 58 Baron,421C, or Chieftain.

300-500 mile range. Average trip would probably be at the lower end of that range.

From the money he wishes to spend it looks like he will barely be able to get a Navajo. I recommend the CR (at his budget the engines will barely have 300 hrs left before overhaul). Little lower pricing point than the Chieftain. But I agree with all the other comments about saving his money until his business can afford a C90.

Latest resources

Back