aircraft preference

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Icelandair

What should I say if asked on an interview, "What aircraft would you like to fly?" Do i give the honest answer about the one i want at the risk of sounding like i'm too focused on that item, or do i say "Any aircraft you fly would be great to me" and then sound like its a cop out to a legitimate question? I honestly do have a preference, but don't want to blow the interview because of it.

Maybe TIS will chime in but I'd look at that question a different way. The interviewer may be trying to gauge your familiarity with the fleet composition. Just be honest. You could say something like you prefer whatever equipment offers the quicker upgrade or whatever aircraft would require less time on reserve. Do some research prior to the interview so you know something about the fleet and the futute of the company. Don't read too much into a question. A question like the one we're discussing doesn't have a wrong or right answer.

At my Coex interview they asked me which a/c I would prefer. (Back then we had the Erj, the Brasilia, the ATR-42 and 72 and the Beech 1900d)

I told them I would be hapy flying an aircraft with its own stairs. Somin creative and off the cuff sounds good to those HR folk.

Happy trails.

they gave me the 1900d cause they knew I was the shiz-nit.

i would say just working for the company is great but if i had a preference and option on top of that i would like to fly...

Be honest. Let them know the real you. Why would you give them the answer they want, rather than the truth? That's like lying on a date. Do you want them to fall in love with the real you, or the fake you? They are just trying to get a feel for who you are. Don't overanalyze everything and just be yourself.

I'd rather be turned down than be hired based on being fake. If the fit isn't good, it isn't good.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I was thinking along the lines of the last 2 posts so far, so that seems to confirm my thoughts. If they don't want to hire me based on an honest answer (i wouldn't say i'd refuse to fly the other one), well i probably dont want to be there anyway.

Good luck Icelandair!

Latest resources

Back