Aircraft Appraiser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Anybody on here started there own business doing this? Is it tough to get started? You don't here much about it.

Question answered. You don't hear much about it because there isn't much of it going on. Of course if you send me $399.99, I'll make you a "certified" aircraft appraiser, complete with certificate suitable for framing. Seriously, most appraisal work is done on transport category aircraft by folks who understand the maintenance and configuration records completely. There are occasional appraisals on GA aircraft, but most are done by staff at the lending institutions.

psysicx said:
Good info. I figured there was more of it on the GA side when they sell there aircraft.

You can try and assign a value to an aircraft based on BlueBook Value, which takes into account time on the airframe and engines, general condition of the aircraft and optional equipment. You can then adjust it based on recent sales and what the market will bear.

There are some brokers that list aircraft appraisal as a service and they charge a couple hundred dollars for it, but I haven't seen much of a business in just aircraft appraisal. It would be something a broker would do for a client before an aircraft goes to market.

Latest resources

Back