• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airbus v. Boeing

• Airbus

Votes: 48 19.7%
  • Boeing

Votes: 196 80.3%

• Total voters
B-J-J Fighter said:
I prefer something "Made in the USA". The French are a bunch of limp wristed communists.

According to Homer Simpson, they are actually "cheese eating surrender monkeys".

Jim

Maybe in the next Flight Sim they'll have a Airbus, with all its "logics" I think that will be as close as I get to Airbus controls as I get for a couple of years.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has a very good payware add-on that simulates the A-319/320/321 systems. E-mail me for any further details, at [email protected]
(I have no interest in the company that produces this product).

Bruce.
BJC, Jeffco, CO

Euro trash.....i'll stick with my Beech 1900 Double D model!

:)

Super!

Boeing for sure. I may only have 800 plus hours of flying time but I have 30,000 or so hours of programming, setup and operation of CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools-- and sometimes the computer stuff crashes- I trust no freakin computer that I can't override.

On a Boeing, the pilot flies the airplane, with assistance from the computer.

On an Airbus, the pilot makes suggestions to the computer, and the computer flies the airplane.

'nuff said...

I'm a little leery of the design philosophy of the John Wayne Airplane (it cuts down trees, moves mountains, and kills Indians). The vaunted Airbus flight envelope protections have cost many more lives than they have saved.

Now Saab, there's an airplane company! The Draken, the Viggen, the Gripen, and the ***SAAB 340***!!!!

Hey JimNTexas, dont be a dumba$$. It has nothing to do with "refuse to crash" logic but has to do with knowing to retract the speedbrakes on an emergency gwps climbout. The A320 would have done this for the crew automatically on the gpws maneuver and when you miss the top of a mountain by 300 feet, that makes all the difference in the world. There is sometimes so much going on that we can forget to do some basic things that would otherwise save our butts.

Airbus and Boeings are BOTH wonderfull aircraft. Spare me for the national chauvanism.
Boeing with its archaic steam gauges still work after all these years. Airbus on the other hand is an aircraft designed for PILOTS!
I have only tried the Airbus in simulators, but the design, layout, handling qualities etc impressed me a lot.
....and never heard a bad thing from an Airbus driver.
Boeing hasn't moved up in the next century yet. When I attended the 737 "next generation" differences training, I was surprised at how little Boeing has evolved over the last 40 years. A few nuts and bolts, a couple of extra CRT's, a different overwing exit etc.

Point is, I will fly any of them and will do it with a big grin on my face.

metrofo said:
Hey JimNTexas, dont be a dumba$$. It has nothing to do with "refuse to crash" logic but has to do...

That makes sense about the speed brakes, but you need to
chill dude.

"Refuse to crash logic" is a real concept that is in flight test right now. I thought maybe airbus had it, that's all.

sheesh.

Boeing v. Airbus

Aerosmith said:
When I attended the 737 "next generation" differences training, I was surprised at how little Boeing has evolved over the last 40 years . . . .
I heard that a lot of Boeing goes back longer than forty years, back to the original 707 (B-367-40), B-52s, whose development begin in the late 40s, and B-47s, whose development started in 1944!

Everyone says a Boeing is a Boeing. I hear that Airbuses are great airplanes, but I would be leary of too much computerization.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back