• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus A321NeoLR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^yup. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't take the opportunity to just build a new narrow body to replace the 73 and 75. Badly needed

My guess is that Airbus is restricted to certain design changes to keep the common type.

I don't understand what makes the 737-900ER so different to the - 900 that pilots need special training. Are there any US operators that fly the - 900ER?

No special training required at my carrier, just training by bulletin on the differences! The -900ER is my favorite to fly now, the -800 was before. It's a nice heavy, stable platform. I'm not crazy about those goofy Scimitar winglets. Gusty crosswind landing are a little hair-raising with those thing's hanging below your wing tips!!

How many operators of the 757 would give up 5 seats to go another 100nm?

Good luck to the suits that have to sell this junk.

24% lower cost per ASM. Yea if they hit those numbers they wont have any trouble.

Agreed. Look... I'm a Boeing fan, but think they screwed up here.

They are trying to make the 737 into a 757, when they just should have remodeled and re-engined the 757. A modernized 757 would just kick rear end.

I think Airbus will have the upper hand in the large narrow body now... Time will tell.

If Boeing can work out a cheapened short body b787, i.e. exchange cost for a shortened range/lower MGTOW/cheaper engines there maybe a new 757 in there somehow.

Cool, I always wanted to cross the Atlantic in the high 20s.

FI Post of the Year! Too true!

This industry just steps away from supersonic travel, then stretches and adds and toys with old 1960s designs just to bring us back into the days of the Connie flying in the 20s going around buildups all night.

When will these manufacturers go back to being plane builders instead of an arm of the military industrial complex where project risk is not measured by profitability.

No special training required at my carrier, just training by bulletin on the differences! The -900ER is my favorite to fly now, the -800 was before. It's a nice heavy, stable platform. I'm not crazy about those goofy Scimitar winglets. Gusty crosswind landing are a little hair-raising with those thing's hanging below your wing tips!!

To each his own, I guess, but to me the -700 is a pilot's airplane whereas the -800 and up are accountant's airplanes; IOW revenue potential increased at the direct expense of performance. For example: ever-present tail-strike potential; barely ever can break into FL4xx; severely compromised performance out of shorter runways (which we have a lot of); just to name a few. In fact the only thing I've come to really prefer about our -800s is the whiz-bang Wx radar. Maybe I'd like them more if we actually received a higher rate of pay to fly them, but that's a whole 'nother story....:mad:

Latest resources

Back