• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's where all of our fun rumors come from....

I heard from an interview candidate that we are getting 141 crj-1000 aircraft all to be flown independently under our new name "Air Cheese". Hub cities include DEN, ATW, and MKE... take that one to the bank.

I heard from an interview candidate that we are getting 141 crj-1000 aircraft all to be flown independently under our new name "Air Cheese". Hub cities include DEN, ATW, and MKE... take that one to the bank.

It will only be worth it if we get to trade in our uniform hats for those cheese hats that Packers fans wear.

Well only if they increase the number of phone lines they have up in ATW... I think we will be able to handle the 141 aircraft. :beer:

To All potential new hires for AWAC. We have a good Collective Bargaining Agreement with good work rules. I saw the old one we are trying to regain, and that one is even better. However, understand one thing, movement here is stagnant. Expect to sit reserve a while. We have FOs who have been here over a year and still on RSV. On RSV, don't expect to fly a whole lot, especially based in ORF.
However, you are working with a great pilot group who also goes out of their way for passengers and the good of the operation, not because of management, but in spite of management.
As for the schedules, they, to put it bluntly, suck. Lines that are not commutable on either end are the norm. Even overstaffed, trying to drop roundtrips are a challenge. I have been here 15 months and still like 20-25 from the bottom as a line holder in PHL. I haven't moved at all in several months. People are leaving around 10-15 a month. Many others talk about leaving, but it's either all talk or no luck where they recently interviewed. Now it looks like UPS and FDX are slwoing down hiring, and SWA is turning away those over 35, so expect movement to be even slower. MGT has bid on several RFPs for growth and lost everyone of them. Even the Midwest flying, which was handed to us on a silver platter, MGT blew that one as well. We have an RFP in for 10 planes at UAL, but nobody here is holding their breath.
Training here is good, as the training dept is user friendly and they will do everything t hey can, within reason to help you pass. OE CAs are great as well as nobody will try to bust your cojones. And the CAs I've flown with are just as good and laid back. But if you can endure the schedules and mgt's BS, welcome aboard!

I believe its positive space to MKE and a shuttle ride over to ATW. I'm a Deltoid baby so I will probably nonrev directly into ATW.

Latest resources

Back