Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SOFHercDude

Not stop loss again !!
I've seen some info in various threads regards Air Wisconsin being a relatively decent place to work. I've also read they are currently not hiring AND they closed ORD 6/30. Their website still shows ORD in the route structure so that rumor seems bogus. And there is an online app (or sorts) for employment.

Anybody with info out there?

Thanks

Do a search of Air Wisconsin on the "General" board. One of our pilots spoke to HR sometime last week and posted the information he was told. In short get your stuff in, we're interviewing soon for new hire classes to start in the next few months. Our callback of furloughed folks started July 29th.

ORD closing has been a rumor off and on for some time. The 328's are leaving ORD as the fleet is reduced. Those few remaining 328's will be out of Denver. The 146's are based in Appleton WI and many of them go through Chicago before going on to other cities. So ORD is not a 146 Crew base, but there are several 146's that feed Chicago. The CL-65 does have a crew base in ORD. They basically replaced some 328 flying in addition to doing their own longer routes. It looks as though this is how it's going to be for awhile. We do have a fairly new maintenance base in Milwaukee. The popular guess/opinion is that as we continue to collect CL-65’s it will eventually be cheaper to establish a base there instead of paying for all those hotel rooms that the crews use each evening in MKE. However this is only a guess, not official from AirWis.

Good luck!

S.

Talked to pilot recruitment two days ago and said they will be accepting resumes as soon as they are done going through the previously hired pilots stuff. For those who were previously in the pool who have not been contacted, I would highly recommend updating your material and getting a letter of recommendation from an AWAC employee. Most have been set up with re-interviews for the first and second week of August. Pilot recruitment plainly told me those with a LOR will get priority in the upcoming hiring. Maybe interviewing off the street in September. Stay tuned.

Hi!

Air WI is great, as long as you don't mind being based in ORD, DEN or ATW (Appleton). I don't think any new hires get the -146 (ATW) anymore. The last I heard the two crew bases were ORD and DEN. I haven't heard anything about closing ORD, and I know a couple of people at AWAC.

If you want better pay and work rules that AWAC, you'll have to go to ATA, Continental, or somewhere like that. They are head and shoulders above all the other regionals. At the end of the last contract neotiations, they were on strike for about 15" while they finalized their contract with mgmt.

The only two airlines I have heard basically NOTHING bad about are SWA and AWAC. I have heard a lot of bad stuff about every other airline on this board from pilots at those airlines.

If I wasn't here, and couldn't get a major job, I'd be at AWAC in a second if they offered.

Cliff
GRB

ORD will still remain and will only be a CRJ crew base. More aircraft will be operating out of there later this year, at present deliveries are going to DEN to replace the Do328's that have been sold. We are getting back some of the 146's parked earlier this year and possibly these will be replaced with Avro's (if BAE can sort out a good deal). As for domiciles - a good bet is IAD followed by LAX, but this is another debate.

There was a hiring window opened last week but was closed after only 48 hours and more than 1300 resumes recieved. Average flight time of applicants? In the region of 5000+. Many furloughees from all over in the pile.

HR have all but finished calling those in the pool last year who get first refusal.

Hopefully AC deliveries will continue as planned and there should be many new faces on the property.

Latest resources

Back