Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

carb heat

What's the latest at Air Wisconsin? Any hiring plans in the near future? Any truth that they have the financing for more aircraft?

Thanks

Rumor has it that they will be running a class in November due to attrition. No plans for any more aircraft at this time. They still have financing in place for 20 more, but I think in the current environment it's probably a good idea to play things conservatively. If I owned the company, I'd be playing it safe right now.

rightrudder said:
Rumor has it that they will be running a class in November due to attrition. No plans for any more aircraft at this time. They still have financing in place for 20 more, but I think in the current environment it's probably a good idea to play things conservatively. If I owned the company, I'd be playing it safe right now.
I have no official attrition figures but, from crew room talk there should be some significant attrition mainly due to the move out of DEN. Going from living at home base or out west to a DEN-IAD or ORD commute is the biggest issue.

From management today there will be a November class and they are looking to interview for a January class. This is for attrition and Capt upgrades in IAD.

Yeah, it's been quiet lately. Things seem to be getting better in IAD and ORD has been OK too. I know this is nuts, but I like it there...let's see what happens when the weather gets pi$$y.

Some people have been talking about Embraer 170s...is that just wishful thinking??? Any thoughts...???

There will be 3 Bae146 slots available in the November class. In addition The January class is for sure according to the guy I asked in training on Fri. He mentioned that like previously mentioned everyone knew that the attrition would kick up as soon as all of the commuting started. Just think how bad it will get if Frontier starts to hire again. Also he mentioned it is not just the capt leaving. Some of the junior FO's are taking of for skywest for a fast upgrade. Personnally I think its stupid leaving the quality of life we have at AWAC for a big paycut, much worse work rules, and no union protection. But I guess if I was pilot 922 and we needed to doulble in size for me to upgrade I guess that I would think differantly.

I sure hope we sign another growth contract soon. Hopfully it won't be with UAL.

Regards

DD

The "quality of life" for the junior guys consists of commuting to IAD with horrible schedules (1 day by 2 day, 3 day by 2 day, etc) with not much movement in sight. I'm not suprised by the attrition and I honestly don't know how AWAC is attracting people.

Actually, I can't see why we'd have a difficult time attracting anyone. The base closures have already happened so anybody who's hired now will be commuting by their own choice. Doesn't help those of us who were here during the realignments but it shouldn't affect any new guys. Unless of course, we close IAD in the near future.

Any newbee is either going to commute of live near IAD. Any way they go, it's going to be expensive considering the lack of movement. I'm trying to have faith in our execs that they have something positive planned, but it's getting harder and harder.

DirkkDiggler said:
Actually, I can't see why we'd have a difficult time attracting anyone. The base closures have already happened so anybody who's hired now will be commuting by their own choice. Doesn't help those of us who were here during the realignments but it shouldn't affect any new guys. Unless of course, we close IAD in the near future.
It's just the long upgrade time that discourages some. Because AWAC is generally one of the best regionals to work for there is less movement. No matter how you look at it the cost of living and buying a home near IAD is prohibitive on an AWAC CA's salary alone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back