Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyhard

Just heard that AW is picking up several additional cities. Wondered if that would speed up any hiring with the news of this?

Dont know if this means growth. We got some flying cut also. It seems that when we fly somewhere new we stop flying somewhere else. We are just hoping that United makes it. Things will not be good if United tanks.

Cheez, do you guys have any remnants of a reservation system left. Wondering if you all will go it alone when UAL stops paying the bills for good. Do your CASM's make you guys competitive in todays pricing. You guys must be down to hoping and holding your breath...............

According to our MEC update, we have no plan for "going it alone". It wasn't a very positive message. Don't count on anything speeding up hiring. We are quite overstaffed as it is right now. Hopefully things turn around soon.

To kind of add to the last post. It was also said that AWAC was in talks with another carrier about code share opportunities. On the other side of the company (AirTran) it was also mentioned that they have placed an order for 100a/c and if that's the case there will be much more happening for the JetConnect operation.

WD.

I just saw on the computer that Air Whisky will start flying BAE-146's from ORD--RDU---IAD. That is pretty interesting, eh? I have a question---will Air Whisky be hiring furloughed UAL pilots now with the new UAL agreement?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General, we got something that indicated that we were giving UAL furloughed pilots pref. interviews with no seniority resignation. I don't think that our pilot group will accept a j4j deal like that other place. I agree with j4j but only in seniority order. None of this 50% go to the left seat while the other 50% get top f/o pay only a $hit outfit like you know who would sign off on that crap.

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
To kind of add to the last post. It was also said that AWAC was in talks with another carrier about code share opportunities. On the other side of the company (AirTran) it was also mentioned that they have placed an order for 100a/c and if that's the case there will be much more happening for the JetConnect operation.

WD.

By "they" do you mean Air Wisconsin or Air Tran has placed an order for 100 aircraft? If you meant Air Wisconsin, then you would know better than me.

If you meant Air Tran has placed aircraft orders.. you have heard incorrectly. As of today we haven't placed any orders yet. We have announced that we will, and most likely will announce that soon. Regardless of that order.. be it 50 or 100 aircraft, the flying by Air Wisconsin will continue to increase, but there is a ASM cap and that cap isn't a speck compared to the void created in your system if UAL tanks.

It will take years.. for all our new aircraft to all arrive on property, and thus increase our system ASM to rise to a level that would dramatically increase your JetConnect flying, at large levels at least.

If UAL or another major keeps you all busy at your current staffing levels, then our additional flying that goes to Air Wisconsin would grow your company at a steady rate.

Not all information is correct information and that's why I said "I heard" Now, I do think that we are talking to other carriers in case we need to fall back on something but I really believe that UAL will survive. I think someone may have said that same thing about Pan Am!

Thanks for the Info.

WD.

new air wiskey routes

today i heard that aw is doing one crj flt per day from ORD-ATL. any truth behind that???

Latest resources

Back