Air Wisconsin, we hardly knew ye

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rottweiller said:
Probably because UAL need someone who could fly jets from day 1. Republic can't even get their act together still for the E170 and as for Space shuttle......... well...........

Shuttle America doesn't have a jet program in place.

Republic only operates the E170.

jumppilot said:
Shuttle America doesn't have a jet program in place.

Republic only operates the E170.
That's what I was getting at although Republic don't have an operating cert for the E170 still CHQ fly them.

Well, looks like Chautauqua and Mesa will strike again....this is the price Air Wisconsin will probably pay because others are willing to whore themselves out.......last time it was Chautauqua accepting a lesser contract to get flying ( and yes I know this as fact from an employee who was at the roadshows during your negotiations)...its a sad state when these types keep pushing the industry down...I know not all of them voted yes and some are strong but it still took a majority to get it to pass.

Shuttle has a jet program in place........it's called the "we can get you to somebody who flies a jet" program

OHHHHHHHHHH this $hit has got to sting!!!! I'm feelin for ya guys.

WD.

Expect this to continue at all the Majors with their feed. The Majors aren't the only ones getting pay cuts. It is unfortunate, and basic economics.

Bye Bye--General Lee

A 10% pay cut for a pilot at a major is still a very good income; a 10% pay cut for a regional pilot means he will be on food stamps.

We have a pilot who applied for one of those apartments where income is the criteria for renting, and guess what? He didn't make enough to qualify for low cost housing. Please explain to me just what 'basic economics' i'm missing here.

ALPA? ALPA is organized, but for ALPA to 'draw a line in the sand and Just say no requires it's members to be organized...and that just isn't gonna happen'

It's easy to say ALPA should 'just do it', but does anybody know how?

General Lee said:
Expect this to continue at all the Majors with their feed. The Majors aren't the only ones getting pay cuts. It is unfortunate, and basic economics.
None of this will get better for either side until this kind of thinking goes away. It's time to wake up and smell the deregulation. Making your airline whole and stopping the whipsawing is the only possible way to improve things for pilots at either end of the spectrum. The RJDC sees the problem, but has the wrong solution. Meanwhile, ALPA pretends that nothing is wrong. General, try to let go of that outdated "that's just the way it is" attitude and think about real solutions. If nothing else, as a unionist you should be outraged at management's tactics in this situation. Just keep in mind when you refer to Part 121 jet operators whose livery looks suspiciously like your own as nothing more than "feed," you can't be surprised when those pilots reply "eat me."

did i just hijack my own thread?

Hey, I said it was unfortunate. No question about that. I hope you don't have to take cuts, but unfortunately it looks like everyone tied to a hurting Major will. Thems is the facts. I don't like it any more than you do. Sure, I make more, but I was where you were too in the early 90's, and I know what it is like to have no money and live on vapors. Basic economics states save money at all costs, and that will UNFORTUNATELY include the regionals tied to us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back