• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

United Airlines and Air Wisconsin Finalize Contracts for United Express Service
Wednesday October 1, 10:59 am ET

APPLETON, Wis., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation (AWAC) and United Airlines have finalized contracts for AWAC to provide flight and ground handling services for United Express. The new contracts take effect today, October 1.
"We are pleased to be continuing our relationship with United," commented Geoff Crowley, President and CEO of AWAC. "Our partnership has helped us grow and become a carrier customers select with confidence. The professionalism our employees display and their commitment to our partnership with United should only help to increase this confidence."

The new flight contract provides for an eleven-year relationship between the two airlines. Under the contract, AWAC has the right to operate 60 50- seat CRJs. This represents 17 more aircraft of this type than AWAC currently operates for United Express. In addition, the agreement allows AWAC to operate 17 BAe-146s through 2005 and at least 10 of the BAe-146s beyond that.

The new ground-handling contract has a two-year term that allows AWAC employees to ground handle AWAC-operated United Express flights at Denver and Chicago, as well as at 18 other stations served by United Express.

"Air Wisconsin continues to provide a high-quality product," said Greg Kaldahl, director-United Express. "We are pleased to have finalized our agreement with AWAC, a long-standing United Express partner."

AWAC operates more than 400 departures per day to 56 cities in 24 states and two Canadian provinces. The fleet includes 17 BAe-146 jets and 52 Canadair regional jets. As a United Express carrier, it feeds United Airlines at Chicago O'Hare, Denver International and Washington Dulles airports. As AirTran JetConnect, the company feeds AirTran at its Atlanta hub, as well as providing service within the state of Florida.

So, it looks like atleast 17 more CRJs for you on the UAL side, and probably more for Airtran too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
Well it looks like that Deal at CHQ aint gonna be happening. I think some where saying it was at the expense of Airwis b/c of contract problems. Looks like CHQ wont be getting it now. Thanks for posting gen.

Not true, CHQ WILL be getting 170's for UAL. Just have to wait until the TA is signed. Still a lot of regional feed that needs to be accounted for. Sorry to disappoint you Noname.

Well, I will be the first to chime in on this issue from the inside!!! This sure ain't what this pilot group was expecting!!! ALPA fuked us over and good!!!!!! All we heard was "growth, growth, growth, growth, growth, growth" we didn't get $hit!!!!! "if you don't take these cuts you will be out of work in a yr"!!! sure looks as the out IAM boys and girls showed the heart, I guess they realize that they are skilled labor, too bad the pilot group lost sight of that. But hey look on the bright side, 10years to think about!!!

WD.

TWAER said:
Not true, CHQ WILL be getting 170's for UAL.

How does anyone know this? Why wouldn't Wiskey or Mesa or Skywest get 170's for UAL too? I just don't hear anything about them getting 170's, but I always read posts on here saying CHQ will get them. What makes CHQ so special (please don't take this as an inviation to start bashing any of the UAX carriers).

Congrats on getting some growth Wiskey guys. Sorry it couldn't be more.

Nothing makes "CHQ special" If you ask me I hope we don't do any flying for UAL. From what I have been told, the UAL flying will be done under the Republic name. Nothing is ever 100% in this industry, but I think it is close. Also, I am happy for the AW pilots. Nobody at CHQ wishes them anything but the best.

If you think the test flights for the 170 in INDY were for $hits and giggles, I think you are wrong. There is more going on behind closed doors than you or I know about. Somebody is getting 170's for RAH. What color they will be flown for is not known 100% yet. Like I said before, there is a lot of UAL RJ flying that has not been accounted for yet.

Stillaboo Nobody can say for certain what rumors are true or not true. I will say that talking to certain people in the company, once the TA is resolved, there will be massive growth at CHQ. This does include the EMB 170. I know for a fact that CHQ has been in discussions with training centers that will house the 170 sim. FSI will not be one of them. This is info I received straight from FSI, not the company. The ballots will be counted Oct. 10th and I would imagine BB announcing someything by the end of OCT. if it passes. Until then, everything is speculation. This whole board is 99% rumor and speculation. What can you do???

Alright, I see where you're going here. Thanks for the clarification.

The UAL deal at CHQ was never at the expense of AWAC because of contract problems. The story is that AWAC's interests are going to be shifted more to ORD instead of DEN, and that we will possibly be picking up the flying in DEN.

Lots of speculation, nothing firm...

Eight years......plus figure two more to fight ourselves out of the ditch we just tripped into. AD Yea! Happy pay cut day everyone!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back