• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin? please share

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok i did a search and found a good thread on this subject.

Mtnjam said:
You know, it doesn't matter who comes on this board to ask a question, there is always somebody that's gotta be a Smart A$$!! Not only that, but just downright rude.
Yeah the questions most likely could've been answered if he scrolled back 3 or 4 pages but he didn't. Big Deal!!!!!!!
Ding! We have another thin-skinned pilot here at Smartassinfo, er, flightinfo.com. Them Air Willy guys are going to have fun with you! Good luck with training in ATW - you're going to need it.

Friendly piece of advice - ATW is a VERY small town. You'd be well-advised to keep a low profile.

HMM

Hmm

HMM, you're a prime example of what I'm talking about. Literally.....

On the second note, what's the deal with AWAC if you don't get hired. Do they send you a "no thankyou" letter in the mail?

av8er23 said:
Does anyone know much about the company Air Wisconsin?

Has anyone here ever worked for them?

Are they owned by United Airlines?

YES.

YES.

YES, and they have a flow through for the pilots. If you're a hot stick, you can usually bypass the senior guys and go right to the Boeing 777.

Good luck, you're definitely going places with your dedication and resourcefulness.

Mtnjam said:
what's the deal with AWAC if you don't get hired. Do they send you a "no thankyou" letter in the mail?
This could have changed. Offers are made on the telephone on Fridays after all the interviews are completed and decisions made. Letters are sent out shortly there after. Lack of contact would be an oversight so call Appleton if you don't hear anything in two weeks. They will let you know where you stand.

Odds are good but I think it depends on your timing. They were holding information sessions trying to recruit pilots, but I believe they have stopped until after the holidays.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
How about us poor Indy pilots getting furloughed at the end of the month?
What are our chances to get picked up?

Fax and mail your resume right away. They really like pilots already qualified on the CRJ, and they plan on hiring a lot in the next 6 months. You guys get an accelerated course, which means they won't have to use as much sime time and they can get you out on the line quicker.

Don't plan on being able to hold DCA, even reserve, for awhile though. You'll get ORF or PHL. DCA very senior right now, but that could change.

Latest resources

Back