Air Wisconsin? please share

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er23

Does anyone know much about the company Air Wisconsin?

Has anyone here ever worked for them?

Are they owned by United Airlines?

Boy, oh boy! You are truely internet handicapped if you couldn't even find your way to the Air Wisconsin website...never mind use the search features of this site!

This request surely will cause some interesting responses. Is this what people do when they are bored? I refuse to believe that this was an honest question.

CRJ puppy said:
Boy, oh boy! You are truely internet handicapped if you couldn't even find your way to the Air Wisconsin website...never mind use the search features of this site!

This request surely will cause some interesting responses. Is this what people do when they are bored? I refuse to believe that this was an honest question.

What makes you say this? I am looking for some opinions of pilots that fly for them. I found the website and could not find information on who owned the airline.

av8er23 said:
What makes you say this? I am looking for some opinions of pilots that fly for them. I found the website and could not find information on who owned the airline.

Do a search, it might yield some results!!!:p

Shoot, there are active threads about AWAC on the first 2 pages of this forum...

Talk about Lazy AND Lame! It speaks of the ownership in the first sentence of their home page and then there is the history page that goes more in depth...but I suppose one doesn't need to be able to read AND comprehend to fly!! Yeah, memorization will get you that regional job, that's it!

Might as well ask about headsets and luggage while you are at it too!

Last edited:
Reading your post, first thing that comes to mind is "where have you been living???" AWAC is one of the most reputable and well known regional. If you want to get into this industry, you will definetly have to learn about who's who. You have come to the right place though.

Scratchin my head'

You know, it doesn't matter who comes on this board to ask a question, there is always somebody that's gotta be a Smart A$$!! Not only that, but just downright rude.
Yeah the questions most likely could've been answered if he scrolled back 3 or 4 pages but he didn't. Big Deal!!!!!!!
Air Wisc. is one of the leading Regional's contract wise. They are not owned by United, but by private investor's. You can find alot of info about them on this message board. They're hiring right now. I've heard they're starting classes after the first of the year. They've got East Coast Bases, so if you're on the E.Coast then you're lucky. If not then have fun commuting if that's the lifestyle you choose to live. Goodluck..............

This is coming from a Military Intelligence guy.

AWAC is being slightly selective in choosing new hires. I've been lucky enough to be pary of an upcoming class. They're really people friendly and are totally into quality of life.

They have 6 primary investors: 3 from the east coast and 3 investors that have been with the company from the beginning. There is alot of loyalty within the company. Example: During the preliminary Sim session I met Stan. Stan had been with AWAC 25 years. On the day of the Sim the gentleman giving the Sim had been with the company for 30 years and his son Chad works for the company also.

I'm really glad that I mad the cut.

Latest resources

Back