Air Wisconsin? please share

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E62Pilot said:
How senior is PHL, are most new hires going to ORF or could one possibly get into PHL out of training?

While for lineholders DCA is Senior as well as PHL, all new hires lately have gotten reserve PHL to start. You will likely be able to get any base before you even finish training.

mynameisjim said:
Besides the pilots that are choosing to commute to the new bases, what are your concerns and complaints?

I'll be a new hire soon and I'm interested in what you think.

I would say the schedules are the biggest gripe right now. They simply aren't commutable. A majority of the lines have early shows and late finishes. if it was early shows and early finishes or late shows and late finishes it would be one thing. but when you have only 2 or 3 days off in between trips and you spend one of your days off after the trip ends and another one the day before your trip starts its not much fun. when the maximum days off to begin with is only 12 or 13 that doesnt leave you with much time off. and im a senior fo. its prob ten times worse for the junior guys.

Sandstorm said:
I would say the schedules are the biggest gripe right now. They simply aren't commutable. A majority of the lines have early shows and late finishes. if it was early shows and early finishes or late shows and late finishes it would be one thing. but when you have only 2 or 3 days off in between trips and you spend one of your days off after the trip ends and another one the day before your trip starts its not much fun. when the maximum days off to begin with is only 12 or 13 that doesnt leave you with much time off. and im a senior fo. its prob ten times worse for the junior guys.

So other than the inability to commute, AWAC is great place? You didn't mention any other problems.

Then I would completely understand why all of the new hires have a different attitude than the older guys. The new hires are moving to base, I would imagine, and enjoying some of the best work rules of any airline out there.

Last edited:
n757st said:
While for lineholders DCA is Senior as well as PHL, all new hires lately have gotten reserve PHL to start. You will likely be able to get any base before you even finish training.

PHL is too senior to bid right out of training. Although seniority is climbing at a much faster rate than normal so it won't be long before it's biddable for a new hire.

In the last new hire class all but five or so went to phl and the rest to orf. So i think if you would probably be able to go where ever you want. As for everything else I agree that the skeds suck a big one but other than that I have been very happy for the two years I have been here. With attrition I will probably upgrade in the next class or two. With a little good fortune and growth someone joining up right now will fare well here. Good luck

Is it not possible to get a flight out with one of the other airlines that has agreements with AWAC?

No airline is perfect. I don't care who it is. They all have thier quirks and bugs in work rules schedules etc etc etc Main thing should be job security.

logolight said:
I've been gone for a few days. Recurrent ground. Here's what I heard. 20-30 new hires per month through July 06' expected. 2 new hire classes per month. Upwards of 20 upgrades per month at least through Spring.

As for the Independence pilots, I'd say get your resume in NOW. Since you're current and qualified, if hired you'll get the short course.

Exactly where did you get this information?

I recieved a call today and was offered a position on the telephone. She said the class would start in Jan. Thank you guys for the helpful comments.

I feel for all the commuters, but I can tell you that as someone who lives in domicile, this place is pretty decent. I really don't care what my schedule is as long as I credit as much as possible because at the end of the trip I drive 20 minutes home.

I think the schedules are looking a little better for december by the way. At least on the FO side. We're down to min days off but I don't mind that if trips are at least a little commutable.

Latest resources

Back