• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin? please share

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are all these new hires coming up with "the company values quality of life" stuff? yeah we may have slightly better work rules and whatever, but the quality of life lately has been just about as good as it was at great lakes.

Sandstorm said:
Where are all these new hires coming up with "the company values quality of life" stuff? yeah we may have slightly better work rules and whatever, but the quality of life lately has been just about as good as it was at great lakes.

Besides the pilots that are choosing to commute to the new bases, what are your concerns and complaints?

I'll be a new hire soon and I'm interested in what you think.

rightrudder said:
Fax and mail your resume right away. They really like pilots already qualified on the CRJ, and they plan on hiring a lot in the next 6 months. You guys get an accelerated course, which means they won't have to use as much sime time and they can get you out on the line quicker.

Don't plan on being able to hold DCA, even reserve, for awhile though. You'll get ORF or PHL. DCA very senior right now, but that could change.

I emailed my resume to [email protected] I am current and qualified on the CRJ. As for DCA, after 5 years at IAD, I am tired of the wonderful job Potomac approach does. As meesed up as PHL is, it'd be a better commute. ORF would be doable as well. What about CLT, any plans on a base there? Or any future plans with the America West merger? BTW I saw one of your newly painted birds in IAD. I like the color.

I've been gone for a few days. Recurrent ground. Here's what I heard. 20-30 new hires per month through July 06' expected. 2 new hire classes per month. Upwards of 20 upgrades per month at least through Spring.

As for the Independence pilots, I'd say get your resume in NOW. Since you're current and qualified, if hired you'll get the short course.

loglight..
I have seen you on ACA-Lounge board. Correct me if I am wrong, aren't you a furloughed ACA/IDE driver? If so, you're lucky you got kicked to the curb when you did. It is just awful here.

WhiteCloud said:
This could have changed. Offers are made on the telephone on Fridays after all the interviews are completed and decisions made. Letters are sent out shortly there after. Lack of contact would be an oversight so call Appleton if you don't hear anything in two weeks. They will let you know where you stand.

I had my interview a few weeks ago along with 6 others. Only 1 got hired. We ALL got letters. The candidate that was hired did not get a phone call at all. She got a letter saying that she was hired and to expect a class in January and that they would call her sometimes in December. It took 11 days for the letters to arrive in the mail. That's counting weekend days.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
loglight..
I have seen you on ACA-Lounge board. Correct me if I am wrong, aren't you a furloughed ACA/IDE driver? If so, you're lucky you got kicked to the curb when you did. It is just awful here.

Yeah that's me. It was fun there but getting furloughed was a blessing as well. I'm hopping everyone else over there is looking for other jobs.

E62Pilot said:
How senior is PHL, are most new hires going to ORF or could one possibly get into PHL out of training?

PHL is the senior base. ORF is junior. Expect quite a while to bid PHL.

logolight said:
Yeah that's me. It was fun there but getting furloughed was a blessing as well. I'm hopping everyone else over there is looking for other jobs.

We are trying to get out of here!!! Even the senior pilots areooking to bail!!

Latest resources

Back