• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin military friendly?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, sounds good. I personally dont know of any other companies that actually follow that. Most let you go for what ever amount of time is needed, I think. Any other airlines out there that actually state they go by the five year total limit.

Yes, they do hire military pilots & crewmembers.

In my experience, AWAC is very friendly to Guard/Reserve types. I Simply submitted the drill schedule to Crew Sked and it was listed as an absence on my schedule...no fuss or explanations.

Why should ANY airline by 'friendlier' to ONE group of people and not the other?

I mean...shouldn't the standards be that you should have all the required licenses and experiences?

What makes 'military' guys/gals more important than someone who went the 'civilian' way?

Why do you want 'special treatment' simply because you served in the military?

Bunny

Flybunny,

i can see what you are trying to make, but it doesnt fly. Just hours and ratings dont make the pilot. If i was a recruiter I would put a little more weight on the guy flying night cargo or military, than I would on Johnny Airplane that built his time by punching holes in the sky in daddy's airplane.

and personally I dont see anything wrong with Mil guys getting special treatment. They served our country and unfortunately you hear too many times about the government turning there back on them when they get out.

Red Herring...

I only stated in my experience, Air Wisconsin will not hassle employees with ANG/RES commitments when they have drill or are activated to duty. While federal law requires civilian employers to not discriminate against those in the military (and offers civilian job protections for those activated), some companies make it a much bigger PITA than others.

Believe me, it doesn't have jack to do with any "special treatment".

Disclaimer: I wasn't a military pilot.

Easy there FlyBunny. The OP wasn't looking for special treatment. He wanted to know if AWAC was tolerant of guard/reserve types because of scheduling issues.

I flew for CMR and can verify they are very reserve friendly. No hassles at all from the CP or the company. I have never heard of any of the commonly known airlines (major/regional or pax/freight) ever giving anybody a hard time about reserve/guard duties. Some are more anal than others about documenting the time, but they all seem to support the reserves above and beyond the spirit of the law. YMMV.

Why should ANY airline by 'friendlier' to ONE group of people and not the other?

I mean...shouldn't the standards be that you should have all the required licenses and experiences?

What makes 'military' guys/gals more important than someone who went the 'civilian' way?

Why do you want 'special treatment' simply because you served in the military?

Bunny

By "friendly" he meant not giving him crap every time he has to drill. Some employers want copies of orders, a letter from your commander, etc. to grant mil leave. Others just take your word for it and are very helpful. Don't try to turn this into something it isn't

Hey fly bunny.....if we didnt give these people "Special Treatment" your sorry a$$ would be posting in German. So for my military folk....they get all the time they need to fulfill their military requirements. I guess they didnt teach you history at UND.

Latest resources

Back