Air Wisconsin Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hollywood

Has anyone interviewed lately? Just wondering what to expect?? I am assuming that the Air-Tran deal is a good thing. Any ideas how long till another base opens up? What are the upgrade times and junior bases? Thanks for any info, its greatly appreciated!

Check AviationInterviews.com.

We have a base opening up in ATL December 1st of this year. Upgrade times are coming down but change daily. Ask 10 different people and you get 10 different answers. People are upgrading however so there is movement. I just got recalled from furlough and I am only 8 away from an upgrade award on the 328. Things may slow down significantly in the 328 due to a Letter of Agreement. Things should speed up in the CRJ however due to the Airtran deal. Everything could change by the time I click "send".

Oct 16th interview

how long have people been waiting to get a class date after the interview? Or is there a specific class that they will be hiring for at that time?

I interviewed Sep 19 and was offered Oct 14. Looks like it's going about 3-4 weeks now. There is a Oct 28 class scheduled. Looks like the class that started last week (17 people) offered 10 slots CRJ @ ORD and 7 slots for the 328 @ DEN. Good luck in the interview!!!!
Jimbo

Just wondering what the feeling is on the ATL base. Will it be junior, or are there a lot of transplanted southerners at Air Whiskey that will want to get closer to home? -Bean

Well the general feeling around here is great, many of us have wanted the company to go in a direction like this for some time now. I will admit that we never saw Airtran coming but we welcome the opportunity to help support their operation while continuing to grow ourselves. There are a few pilots that live closer to ATL than ORD and DEN and I think that many of them would relish the opportunity to be based closer to home. This industry is crazy right now and with all that is going on,this is the best news many of us have had in a year.

WD.

Any thoughts?

Any insight for you new hires as to what the bottom level of experience would be for an interview? I hit 500 multi around the end of the month, got about 150 turbine, bunch of 135 and instruction, and about 2200 total when I hit the 500 ME mark. I plan on sending the stuff out to AWAC whether I think I've got a chance or not, but I was wondering if anybody had any feel for the mix they've been putting in interviews or in class.

Seems like you folks have a great deal going for you; I hope I'll get a shot to join you!

strikefinder,

I'll be the first one to tell ya to send your resume to them NOW. I sent mine (online resume) in the middle of August with 1900tt and 1300 121multi-turbine. to get my name in the system and then worked on LOR's.
One of my letters was walked in on Monday the 23rd of September and I received a call for an interview at the end of October. I received that call on that following Wednesday. If you don't know somebody at AWAC, FIND SOMEBODY. Theres bound to be somebody you know who knows someone who...you get the picture ehh. That's exactly how I got one of my letters. I can't stress how much networking helps in this industry ...especially during this phase that we are in right now!! Good luck with everything and never give up.

Well with that being said, there is nothing left to say...

WD.

Knowing people in the right places...

Well, I know lots of people a lot of places, but unfortunately AWAC isn't one of them. Most of them, unfotunately, haven't been any good elsewhere (ACA, ASA, Options, Citation Shares, NetJets; I'm wading in Chautauqua's pool because of a good contact who doesn't have enough pull to keep me from drowning in it, though...).

I'll work on it, though. Sounds like they're somewhat negotiable if someone can put in a good word for you, which is all the motivation I need.

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back