Air Wisconsin interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8br

Just wondering if anyone has an upcomming interview at Air Willy?? If so, When and how long ago did you send resume, etc.

av8br

I was in the pool last year and got a call about a month ago out of the blue wondering if I was still interested. They're calling all the people previously in the pool, approx. 60 or so, for re-interviews first. I'm set up for Aug 29 and passed up a couple of earlier dates that I couldn't make. Looking forward to it and hoping for the best. I specifically asked HR for a friend of mine how he could get an interview as well and was told that the best way is to know someone at air wis and have them write you a letter of rec.

I second the above. Your best bet is to have someone on the inside who works at Airwisconsin walk your resume in with a letter of recommendation. I interviewed last year and this year and both times a friend of mine got me the interview.

I don't know how many people got interviews last year just from mailing/faxing/emailing a resume but right now the former poolies and referrals are at the top of the list.

Speedtree said:
I second the above. Your best bet is to have someone on the inside who works at Airwisconsin walk your resume in with a letter of recommendation. I interviewed last year and this year and both times a friend of mine got me the interview.

I don't know how many people got interviews last year just from mailing/faxing/emailing a resume but right now the former poolies and referrals are at the top of the list.

Seems to be the way. I put in a friends resume only last week and he has already been called for an interview! Faster than we both ever expected. Probably due to requiring 140 pilots this year alone.

Good luck to all. I do know about 8 pilots there. Two have given lletters with my resume, but I still have not recieved any calls yet. Rottweiller, was your friend that got called in the pool as well? and when is his interview?
Thanks

av8br said:
Good luck to all. I do know about 8 pilots there. Two have given lletters with my resume, but I still have not recieved any calls yet. Rottweiller, was your friend that got called in the pool as well? and when is his interview?
Thanks

No he wasn't in the pool but does have 2000+ turbine mainly multi that might have helped. His date is 5 Sept (?).

Rottweiller said:

No he wasn't in the pool but does have 2000+ turbine mainly multi that might have helped. His date is 5 Sept (?).

Thanks Rottweiller, I am at about 2300 TT with 600 ME and 80 or so turbine....Hopefully my call is coming.

Do you think that 1200tt with 1050 multi would be able to get an interview? Prior 121 experience (COEX) is about 180 hrs. I know they ask for 1500tt but I was just wondering if my times might be competitive? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
KNTRDR

It wouldn't hurt to apply, but from what management said in the recent pilot meetings, they figure in this environment they can get pilots with much more experience than the minimums, and that's what they plan to do. Keep trying to build time and see if you can find someone you know at AWAC to write you a letter of recommendation. Good luck to you.

RR

Latest resources

Back