Air Wisc Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

last call

I am trying to decide if I should accept a job offer with AWAC. Just wanted some answers if people had them?
1) What is the minimum days off for a reserve and a hard line holder?
2) How long can I expect to sit on reserve?
3) Anything to the 70 seater rumor?
4) Are upgrades really runnung 4-6 years?

Thanks for the answers.

1.) 12 and 12

2.)Maybe not so long as it use to be as a bunch of folks are leaving.

3.)No.

4.)Yes.

Air Wisconsin is kind of a crap shoot right now. It won't be the same airline 1 year from now. If you live out east this will be a good place to be. Growth is still a possibility, but we wouldn't hear a word about it until it shows up in a press release - so who knows.
Not only do we not know what our 3rd and possibly 4th base will be (most likely ORF and RIC), we don't even know how big PHL and DCA are going to be - so base seniority is anybody's guess. DCA may go senior for FOs, as we have hired quite a few Indy guys. I wouldn't suspect you'd sit reserve long at any of the other bases.

3) Nope... only becuase the rumor is for 90 seats... not 70.

4) If you take the 1st available upgrade, its just about 3 years right now. What it will be in the future... who knows. Could be 7 months.... could be 8 years. You'll never know until your typed and complete IOE.

How Long is training and where at?

Is the hotel covered by Air Whisky? Pay during training?

Yes you will get paid through training; 2.5 hours of FO 1st year pay from the day you start indoc in Toon Town until you start your 1st IOE trip, which is when flight pay and perdiem kicks in.

You'll also get all accomodation paid for while you're in training.

PHL is rumored to have close to 300 crews, DCA and the other bases (ORF, RIC?) will be smaller than that.

PHL opens Sept 1 and DCA is 1 NOV, I think. Anybody's guess about the others.

I have been with the company just shy of three years and I am very senior as an F/O. Most people leaving seem to be junior to me, so reserve for an F/O may not be that long at all....if you take the job offer now.

One positive...if you are planning on moving, you will most likely be based at IAD on paper and then displaced to someplace new. The company will pay for your move up to the distance you are displaced, and pay for mileage to move 2 vehicles.

That pay stated previously was 2.5 hours per day, including scheduled days off.

Mayday

more questions

Does it still seem like a good airline to goto? I know there is a lot of uncertainty in the industry, this considered how is life there?

Since you get 12 days off, is it a 4 on 3 off or can they give you something less? I am just wondering if they can give you a single day off instead of doing it in groups if 2 or more consecutive days.

Training pay.... you get 2.5 times the F.O. rate for seven days a week not just the five you are in class?

Do you get paid for holidays?

How do you pick seniority in class?

I am excited about coming to Air Wisc. just the typical concerns of leaving a bad scene to go someplace new.

Does it still seem like a good airline to goto? I know there is a lot of uncertainty in the industry, this considered how is life there?

With all of the attrition, now would be a good time to get on. We have less than 800 pilots now, so if their was any substantial growth, upgrade could be quick.

Since you get 12 days off, is it a 4 on 3 off or can they give you something less? I am just wondering if they can give you a single day off instead of doing it in groups if 2 or more consecutive days.

For the most part its 4 on 3 off, but you can get 5 on 4 off. You bid for your reserve line, they have all different types.

Training pay.... you get 2.5 times the F.O. rate for seven days a week not just the five you are in class?
You'll basically get your 75 hour guarantee.

Do you get paid for holidays? NO

How do you pick seniority in class? Birthday Oldest - Youngest

I am excited about coming to Air Wisc. just the typical concerns of leaving a bad scene to go someplace new.

Latest resources

Back