Air Wisc Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crashpad said:
There are numerous indicators which suggest Midwest Express could fold up by the end of the year. May ZW has a contingency plan that includes such an event.

Yea, what indicators? Can you back up your comments (more like wishful speculation) with hard evidence?

Peace

SF

DashDriver is right. This is a great company to work for. I've been here almost three years and will upgrade sometime in the near future. It's extremely hard to tell when that may be for all the previously stated reasons. I spent three years and another company and it seemed like an eternity. The three years here have gone by very fast. I don't think anyone here is happy about the changes that are taking place, but many are optomistic and most are as professional as ever. I still recommend that anyone who is offered a job here take it! Just my humble opinion.

I was talking to a guy today in our crewroom today that is going to Air Wisconsin. What is going on over there? I figured you guys wouldn't need people since they are down sizing. Retirements, or just disgruntled folks that don't want to commute?
Are there alot of people leaving? How many do they plan on hiring?

Awac

Propsare4boats-

We are not down sizing nor will we be. Our first flight for US Airways will be in mid-August. They have room for all of our aircraft plus there are many RUMORS about obtaining additional CRJ type aircraft (200/700/900/950)??? As you may know, our new US Airways bases will be PHL, DCA and ORF.

We have been having full classes of 20 every two weeks for awhile now and there is still a large demand for new hires. Sure we are losing pilots but only around 20ish per month.

Overall, still a great place to call home. Our Management and Union are both working together to help employees with the jump to US Airways and personally I am excited for new changes to happen.

We are hiring so if you are thinking of possibly applying, get your stuff together and sent it in!!!

www.airwis.com

-Night_Flight-

Last edited:
there is hiring due to attrition in the last few month but that seems to be slowing down. mostly hiring to cover the increased flying of our aircraft. I believe its an additional 80+ pilots will be needed to cover it, I may be a bit off on that number I cannot remember what was said to me off the top of my head. Anyway, hiring and upgrades (tenitivly planned as needed) are planned even though we are losing 17 airplanes.

Night Flight. We WILL be downsizing as the 146's go away. We're going from 82is airplanes down to 70. We've heard rumors about new kinds of airplanes for years, but all I've seen is the loss of the 328 and 146 fleet.

Rumors are nice, but just that. Look at what has actually happened around here.

S.

lastcall: I know I'm late chiming in here, but I think going to AWAC would be a great choice. I worked for them as a PSA (Passenger Service Agent) for 2 years. I started in LIT and went to MKE after 9/11. One of my biggest regrets in my career is leaving ZW, not to say that I don't like where I am now, but Air Wisconsin was a place I was proud to call home and I still pay close attention to. The loss of the 146's from the fleet is tragic, but the new business plan does not call for them. The Check Airmen at Air Wisconsin are amazing people. I was proud to call many of them friend when I worked for the company and I would gladly fly or ride with any of them again. I have never had the pleasure of working with a more professional pilot group, or with a better set of people in inflight. You will be happy with your choice if you choose to go there.

Adam

Latest resources

Back