Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1Learjetway said:
We have close to a dozen ex-airline pilots where I work.QUOTE]

That's why they're not airline pilots...they are corporate pilots. Simple logic.
Hey, what are you doing here anyway...Now Shoo!....Shoo away to the corporate forum!
(man, you don't see me on their forum stirring up trouble. They just love the airlines I guess. reminds me of a corp guy my wife ran into right after 9-11. He said "Corporate is where the future of aviation is at and your husband should quit the airline flying ASAP for corporate!")

Last edited:
crashpad said:
This is a regional board and I take it personal when pilots use fractus arguements to sell corporate flying. There's a night and day difference between the two, and yes, Airline Pilots ARE better!

Well, then, I guess that when and if I leave Air Wisconsin for a Corporate Pilot position which gets me home more nights, with more weekends and holidays off, better bennies, no commute, and RJ CA pay at a minimum as a newbie right seater, I'll have to compensate somehow for not being as good as a Airline Pilot anymore. Got any suggestions Crashpad?

miles otoole said:
Very sound advice. You are tied to a company which is still bankrupt and could very easily be out of business in a year. What will 200 turbine PIC hours get you in the 121 world? Ask the former Indy Air CAs who are begging to fly for COEX, AE and MESA. Air Wizzers might think about 135 or corporate while they can.

Begging to fly for Mesa and AE? The only companies that I know of that us Indy guys are going to are COEX and CHQ/Shuttle/Republic. Places with growth potential and good QOL. Some were hired as captains at Pinnacle too. None were desperate enough to go there as FO's though.

"ego driven airline pilot jet jockey dreams"

Crosskys' words are poetry! Honestly, that is exactly what's been filling my head from my earliest memory. I truely love flying really big airplanes that serve the common man. Truth be told, the dedicated corporate pilot possesses many skills the committed airline pilot lacks, but no pilot is omnipotent. What bothers me is that after all you've invested in this industry, you're considering taking a pass simply because of the bumps in the rode. If you stay through this period of chaos you'll be rewarded with the benefits you seek: stability, income, free time, and the aesthetic satisfaction that comes with so many people relying on you to perform to the highest degree.

crashpad said:
Crosskys' words are poetry! Honestly, that is exactly what's been filling my head from my earliest memory. I truely love flying really big airplanes that serve the common man. Truth be told, the dedicated corporate pilot possesses many skills the committed airline pilot lacks, but no pilot is omnipotent. What bothers me is that after all you've invested in this industry, you're considering taking a pass simply because of the bumps in the rode. If you stay through this period of chaos you'll be rewarded with the benefits you seek: stability, income, free time, and the aesthetic satisfaction that comes with so many people relying on you to perform to the highest degree.

Wow, I'm actually inspired a little bit! Seriously I am. Hey, I know like anyone that a good corporate job with pay and QOL is hard to find. Probably at least half of the corporate outfits don't operate with the flight standards, CRM, and seniority driven staffing I'm used to with the airlines. You have to deal with office politics and play kissy with the boss in corporate too. I do like my days off with no work responsibilites also. I don't consider myself a primma donna, but I get that reception when applying to corporate flight departments. I think they're a little jealous and proud, and just a touch insecure. I think corporate pilots look down on airline pilots a little because they have to 'wear many hats': flight dept manager, scheduler, dispatcher, maintenance manager, caterer, lav cleaner, janitor, detailer; wow, maybe I should stay with the airlines ;). Just because airline pilots don't do those jobs it doesn't mean they're not capable of doing them. QOL now at the expense of more $$ later? We'll see if they call.

Any new info on how US Air and America West is going to affect growth at Air Wisc?
I am starting class in August and I am wondering if anything new was in the works?
I heard rumor from friends in class that MKE may turn into a pilot base since it is already a MX base. Truth or crap.

it is very difficult to look into the future about what it is going to be like around here in a year. mostly because U and AmerW haven't got it figured out yet. Right, it is the owners intension to perform as smooth a transition as possible to our new U operation. After they emerge from bankrupsy, I am sure that we will beid on more and bigger airplanes. Whether we get them or not we will see. About MKE, the Fleet manager for the 146's and the Chief pilot dropped by our recurrent class this week and said this. "Nothing in the forseeable future, but I won't give up hope until I see someone else's name printed on the top of that building". What does that mean? Who the f*** knows... At this point congradulations, welcome, and good luck in training. I may be sitting in the next room going through RJ retraining while your there so stop y and say hi.

DD

PS Don't let the negative people get you down this is a great place to be even if you are going to be an FO for a bit longer than you probably want.

There are numerous indicators which suggest Midwest Express could fold up by the end of the year. May ZW has a contingency plan that includes such an event.

crashpad said:
There are numerous indicators which suggest Midwest Express could fold up by the end of the year. May ZW has a contingency plan that includes such an event.

Are you referring to Midwest airlines? They are going to hire off the street here in the next couple months. It is going to be for the remainder of the 717's they are scheduled to get. I haven't heard any rumor of them being belly up any time soon.

What indicators?

Latest resources

Back