• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
Hey,
I have recently interviewed with multiple regionals and wanted to get some feed back

My # 1 choice is Air Wisconsin based on their personality and customer service outlook.

In addition to AWAC, I have had job offers from Compass, Pinnacle, Skywest, Mesaba, ASA, Lynx,......I still have pending interviews with Eagle, Republic, and Mesa.

What are yalls thoughts and differences between these companies??? I feel that my decision to go to Air Willy will be great but sometimes you learn things on these threads that give you more insight than the interviews do!

Tex

Could you live in base with any of those companies? Depending on what your goals are, not commuting might a big consideration for you.

Oh and before anyone else says it, stay away, FAR AWAY, from Mesa.

It sounds like Compass may have flow through with Northwest so take that for what its worth. Pinnacle, dont touch em, although if you have a bunch of time already you could be a captain very quickly, probably the same with Compass. ASA, again, dont touch em, 5 years in negotiations, you gotta be kidding me. Lynx, to new to know, but I dont think their pay is very good.

I live in Dallas...I would be commuting from here. Speaking of which...if I go with Air Wisconsin does anyone know which is the best base to sit reserve on...I don't want to buy another car....ie....crash pad with travel accomodations whether it be rail,bus, or ride!?!?!?!?!?!
The bases are PHL, D.C.(reagan), and Norfolk...

Tex

I live in Dallas...I would be commuting from here. Speaking of which...if I go with Air Wisconsin does anyone know which is the best base to sit reserve on...I don't want to buy another car....ie....crash pad with travel accomodations whether it be rail,bus, or ride!?!?!?!?!?!

Tex

Unfortunately, PHL and DCA are the best options to sit on reserve without a car. Crashpads are in the ghetto in PHL and you must ride the city bus to get there.You might want to pack some heat! DCA is a nice base but the crashpads are kind of expensive for what you get!!!! you should get either one right out of training...

Hey,
I have recently interviewed with multiple regionals and wanted to get some feed back

My # 1 choice is Air Wisconsin based on their personality and customer service outlook.

In addition to AWAC, I have had job offers from Compass, Pinnacle, Skywest, Mesaba, ASA, Lynx,......I still have pending interviews with Eagle, Republic, and Mesa.

What are yalls thoughts and differences between these companies??? I feel that my decision to go to Air Willy will be great but sometimes you learn things on these threads that give you more insight than the interviews do!

Tex

My thoughts....
....You spend way too much time interviewing...:cool:

Tex

Have you submitted an app with ExpressJet yet? They have pilot bases in Houston and San Antonio. That would be a fairly easy commute I'd imagine with the dozens of SWA, AA and CAL flights a day. Also AE has a pilot base in Dallas, and you get to pick you're base during the interview, so that is guaranteed, although a long upgrade is to be expected, though some say it will be dropping soon. Mesaba with their pilot bases in MSP and MEM would be a single time zone commute, as well as Skywest with ORD and MKE, and DEN, and Republic with STL, DEN, ORD and IND. AWAC may be tough, I've heard the pairings over there aren't very commutable, but I don't work there so I don't want to speak for them. I've heard it's a good place to be, and the pay is average to above average. Upgrade is reasonable at 3-4 years.

If I where you, and I had a young family, I'd go to Skywest. Ya the commute would suck, but get in there, upgrade, build the PIC and move out. Get on with a major and start earning some $$ sooner. If you can live on it, go to AE and you're QOL will be even better, abeit a lower income as you'd be sitting on the right side longer than most.

If you are single... hell go wherever you want to!

Just my thoughts...:)

If your from Texas i would strongly consider, if not exclude every other option, XJEt or Eagle. they are two of the best regionals out there and not commuting/ having a short easier commute makes this job a hell of a lot better! Upgrade at XJET for the time beeing is pretty quick 2-3 years, but chasing an upgrade time is usually a bad idea! Second year pay at XJET is pretty good as well. I dont even work there, but most people i know like it pretty well! JR is a good CEO as well, better than JO

WillNOTfly4free.....Because the 91 side of things sucks....the job changes daily...if I do what I say I am gonna do...then you better as well! I want a regimented schedule...rules...and flow/procedures/checklists...you must know that with the time that you have....all turboprop!?!??!?!!?

I didn't fall under a golden parachute!

Tex

Latest resources

Back