• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Whisky Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just did a search of the classifieds for the Richmond paper (as well as every paper published by the publisher of the Times-Dispatch)...there aren't any listings for Air Wisconsin (or pilot, mechanic, flight attendant). If you could post a link to the classified ad, it would make interesting reading. Thanks.

For those interested:

The current plan for new hires(from the guy who runs them) is a class in july and 2 in August. A total of about 50 pilots hired in the next 2 months. Not bad if you can get in the first class. Bases are supposed to be DCA,PHL,ORF. I think that once the transition to USair is complete, those that are hired now could find themselves up list pretty fast.

I agree with PILOT. I never would have thought that loseing 17 airplanes would be this good for my own seniority. I was hired in the fall of 03 and in 20 months I have moved up form pilot 700 to somwhere in the 580's I believe the most junior captain is like at 535 or somewhere around that. These are all aproximations of course but it is still pretty good movment. If you live on the east coast it may be a good idea to through your stuff in.

DD

after the US-AIR transition, from the mouth of the director of training they want to have about 700 pilots on staff.....that means that even if there are 100 more captains than FO's.......number 400 would be the most junior captain. meaning long long upgrade at AIR WHIS....and lots of trips with old and upset denver guys that make life here sometimes miserable.

Yeah. I'm 450 out of 870. I'm a JR Captain and have been for 9 months. I'm pretty sure I'll be an FO when this is all over (as long as I stay away from ORF.) That means being here 4.5 years and an F.O. again.

We have lot's of people leaving, but many of them are fairly junior First Officers.

S.

Doom and Gloom, Doom and Gloom. Back in class there huh c-wood75 ? Hey...we all have our reasons......so I'm not going to knock ya, just interesting that no matter what some of our guys put on this thread this place is destined to make all that come here miserable. 800 pilots is the plan......captains are in the 500's right now (IAD Based). Hmmm 800 pilots........quite small. CHQ, Skywest, CMR, probably all great airlines, but also a little bigger than us, What like 1,200-1,800 somewhere in there? A simple ratio might show that you might have less F/O's to climb at AWAC than other companies even with no planes on the books.......how many people are leaving those airlines? How many are leaving here? 25+ this month, 26 last month, 12 or something the month before that. For our size, we HAVE to have the attrition record right now. We're just the same as everyone else out there.... C-wood has a right to bi.tch and bail..this place isn't what he/she signed up for....we're evolving into a whole new airline, for those of you looking for a new job, check our contract and new route structure out. If it looks like something you can live with.....bring it. I'm over all this cra.p and ready to move on. United blow.s., unless your in Denver, it's an embrassment to operate for them. Good luck to those leaving, and welcome to those coming. Late! AD

Last edited:
I'll work on finding the link. I actually cut out the listing, so maybe I can scan it or something. I believe it was the 6/19 Sunday paper.

By the way we do not have 870 pilots on line........not only are those numbers not current, they have mgmt pilots inserted in there as well. I took the numbers from the last Realignment...they add up to 765.

Yes quite a few happen to be junior F/O's , but out of the 25 that have quit this month about 10-12 have been here about 3 years or more. If your a new hire, what do you care.....it's all good news for you. AD

Last edited:
Junior capt is not in the 500s...it is somewhere in the high 400s. I started in Fall of 02 at seniority #672, and now I am somewhere in the 530s with every Capt position on my bid sheet prior to any F/O spot...alot of movement, yes, but not always in the right direction.

It has been said that the RJs will be doing more flying per day than they are currently. That will eat up some of the extra pilots from the 146...for the time being.

Latest resources

Back