Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Anyone know if Air Whisky will be running classes/ still hiring for the remainder of this year?

Probably a bit of a slowdown over the next few months as the sims are all used by the BAe guys coming back to the RJ but you can count on classes resuming again just as soon as those spots are open - they are really short in some domicles. In fact I believe there is another class that starts in the beginning of July but not sure after that. Good luck!

I found in interesting that last week they had an ad in the Sunday paper for pilots (and mechanics and flight attendants). It's been a while since I'd seen an ad like that in the local paper... And I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin.

AV1ATRX said:
I found in interesting that last week they had an ad in the Sunday paper for pilots (and mechanics and flight attendants). It's been a while since I'd seen an ad like that in the local paper... And I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin.
Interesting...which Sunday paper?

They are hiring, I was called for an interview. The next class will be in July and another in August.

Anyone know the logistics of the US Air deal? How many airplanes are there going to be? I understand all the 146's will be going away. Are they getting more CRJ's or are they just losing airplanes?

Where are the US Air Domiciles going to be?

I am just concerned that Air Wisky is going to be another Eagle as far as upgrading goes.

I'd say the chances of a "quick" upgrade here are fairly decent. Last month we lost approx. 40 pilots. This is about 5% of our total pilot group. These pilots left based on the knowledge that all our bases WILL BE closing. Imagine how many of our guys are going to quit after we actually close Chicago. We have about 600 pilots based there and every single one of them will be displaced to the east coast. I can't tell you exactly how many will quit, but I can tell you that it'll probably be more than the 40 a month we're seeing now without any real displacements happening yet. Guys that were hired a year and a half ago are more than half way up the F/O side of the seniority list. It's a gamble, but I don't know anywhere else I'd rather be stuck if I had to wait as an F/O for several years. The pay is among the best out there at our level.

The ad was in the Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch, in the classifieds.

Dont forget AWAC is losing all 146 flying, that means all of the 180+ pilots flying it will be forced into the RJ-- which will remain at 70 for as far as the eye can see.

meaning longer captain upgrades---many of them are very senior and have nowhere else to go. and why would you quit 2 years before getting full retirement bennies.??

Because if you quit while still in the BAe at te applicable pay rate you receive a higher payout for your retirement. Besides at the rate that we are hemmoraging pilots the 60 pilots left to be displaced (DEN guys) aren't really going to hold you back too long.

Latest resources

Back