• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Whisky Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a AWA/USairways guy I think AWAC has a great future if the aquistion takes off. AWAC will be the largest regional for the new USairways in 2.5 years. West coast expansion will come at the expense of Mesa.

LP

Don't forget AWAC is the second largest shareholder. The low-time naysayers will be 'beating themselves' for missing this opportunity if things go the way I predicted.

crashpad said:
Don't forget AWAC is the second largest shareholder. The low-time naysayers will be 'beating themselves' for missing this opportunity if things go the way I predicted.

Its not that bad at AWAC and i understand trying to be optimistic, but who are you AWAC guys kidding??
what are they putting in the water up there in appleton?

growth for that company is too risky, and it wont happen, the amigo's have too much risk for their liking right now!! a new hire FO there today will be on reserve for 2 years and upgrade at the earliest in 6-8 years.

i dont understand why with all of the regional airline opportunity out there right now why you would go to AWAC? its like going to Eastern in 1989. Who are these people going there? OH wait, CAE guys with 300 hours total time.

BusDriver12 said:
Its not that bad at AWAC and i understand trying to be optimistic, but who are you AWAC guys kidding??
what are they putting in the water up there in appleton?

growth for that company is too risky, and it wont happen, the amigo's have too much risk for their liking right now!! a new hire FO there today will be on reserve for 2 years and upgrade at the earliest in 6-8 years.

i dont understand why with all of the regional airline opportunity out there right now why you would go to AWAC? its like going to Eastern in 1989. Who are these people going there? OH wait, CAE guys with 300 hours total time.

Well if that's your attitude, then by all means stay away. Apply elsewhere. We don't need people like you working here

AWAC as a company is doing just fine. The only "problem" we have here is just that we don't know what the next year or so is going to bring. Name me one other carrier that doesn't have that same problem.

For the record I predict in the next five years there will be growth, a new aircraft type, and we will have a new agreement with United.

hoover said:
and we will have a new agreement with United.

Why not. They fired Mesa twice and sued them once! Just get rid of the bankruptcy bean counters in 6 months see how the whole thing really shakes out.

How about those 146's? I like the rumor these days that United is having trouble finding something to replace the BAE in ASPEN.

F UAL. Let 'em rot.

S.

Beechnut said:
How about those 146's? I like the rumor these days that United is having trouble finding something to replace the BAE in ASPEN.

F UAL. Let 'em rot.

S.

Yep, the displacement of 146 guys has slowed (not sure if stopped) and word is that United has asked for 5 146s to stay in the system for Aspen. I've been told that the response was "we keep 10 or none".

DiverDriver said:
Yep, the displacement of 146 guys has slowed (not sure if stopped) and word is that United has asked for 5 146s to stay in the system for Aspen. I've been told that the response was "we keep 10 or none".

If they losers at uniTED have us keep any of the 146, we better keep our travel bennies also. God I hate united, they need to die already.

XJslave said:
If they losers at uniTED have us keep any of the 146, we better keep our travel bennies also. God I hate united, they need to die already.

Your name says XJSlave, your profile says Mesaba FO, and you are implying that you work at Air Wisconsin.

The training of the 146 guys has not stopped. It has been slowed but mostly because we had 2 aircraft that were supposed to be taken off line but were not because of that cl-65 ad scheduale. They have been parked as of this past week. There is a class in training right now and there is another planned for august. Yes, we told them at least 10 or none, but I believe that united hs not gotten back to us yet. more new hire classes planned as long as attrition stays high. Scott O. is coming into recurrent classes and saying that there are good things on the horizen and we may even be back working for UAL within a year or two. I personnelly am not excited about that at all.

Latest resources

Back