• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Whisky Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeeees.....500's......high 400's......same sh.it ( although I know when you can just taste it, every number counts) Take out all the numbers in my posts and it still reads clear. We are not offering a quick upgrade to anyone, we are offering a good contract, some decent hiring numbers for those who act now, and a route structure attractive to east coasters or people that are d.umb enough to chase their jobs all over the country like myself. Any potential new hire that comes on here asking what upgrade is at is a fool to think it will be the same for them, no matter what airline your talking about. Doing the math, the F/O above who has been here since NOV 02 (2 3/4 years) would probably be in the top 5 F/O's in IAD.........somewhere around the number 12 thru 110 or whatever it is in IAD haven't even hit their two year anniversary yet. Yes this is our junior base, but it proves a point, I don't care when someone was hired or what their senority number is.....their story will always be unique to them and only them. Well....... I did all my posting for the month, see you guys in another month or so. AD

Last edited:
Beechnut said:
Yeah. I'm 450 out of 870. I'm a JR Captain and have been for 9 months. I'm pretty sure I'll be an FO when this is all over (as long as I stay away from ORF.) That means being here 4.5 years and an F.O. again.

We have lot's of people leaving, but many of them are fairly junior First Officers.

S.
That could be me too......what happens with pay for an involuntary downgrade anyway?

Yeah ORF will be terrible - both of you guys stay out.

As a quick side note to the bitching on the previous page every realignment that has come out so far has had a net increase in seats (60 displaced/75 openings). And there are only a few more DEN people left (57 I believe) to be aligned into the current (ORD, IAD) domicle structure so that should give us a better idea where things stand. As a JR Captain I guess I could see where you might end up downgraded if you rule out ORF but otherwise I just can't see it.

Last edited:
You have got to have quality of life though. Work to live...not live to work. ORF is going to be uncommutable. The probable good news is that once the pilots find out how bad commuting to the east coast is, many will quit. You might only be downgraded on paper. With the current attrition rate...I doubt anybody will lose their captain seat.

Avro i agree with everything you said, it wont be that bad at AWAC...if you live in the east which i dont...but AWAC was not what I or anybody else over there was told it would be in the interview. we were all delibrately lied to by saying we have a united contract until 2011 or whatever, so how can you blame me for being a tid bitter...

If i was told the truth i could have gone to Chautauqua, and upgraded just like the 14 months FO's that are upgrading into the E-170. Now that will not be happening at AWAC anytime soon.

c-wood75 said:
AWAC was not what I or anybody else over there was told it would be in the interview. we were all delibrately lied to by saying we have a united contract until 2011 or whatever, so how can you blame me for being a tid bitter...

If i was told the truth i could have gone to Chautauqua, and upgraded just like the 14 months FO's that are upgrading into the E-170. Now that will not be happening at AWAC anytime soon.

Cmon Woody.....I don't think you were "deliberately lied to". It's been a pretty crazy couple years with UAL yanking the rug out from under ACA and AWAC too. I doubt anyone, including the 3 amigos, could have predicted the past few years with any degree of accuracy. A job interview isn't really the place to gather info anyway. The interviewer may just have told you what they believed the truth was at the time.

Regardless of everything...no matter what you do in this crazy career is a gamble. Nothing is a sure thing. The upgrade time at Sh!tauqua is not going to remain around a year forever, that is impossible. The larger the pilot group the more airplanes are needed to be acquired in order to see movement.

People that are bailing off the AWAC seniority list to go to CHQ, Skypest...are fooling themselves if they think that they are going to get a quick upgrade at their new carrier. Plus the F/O pay really sucks at CHQ.

Oh, and I would be #7 in IAD.
Mayday

yeah, 65 cents an hour less than AWAC,

but being off reserve at CHQ while being on reserve indefinately as i was at AWAC means you make more money as an FO at CHQ. also upgrading in 2 years as opposed to 6-10 years at awac...captain CHQ pay is much higher than AWAC FO pay.

do some research. dont go to AWAC>

c-wood75 said:
yeah, 65 cents an hour less than AWAC,

but being off reserve at CHQ while being on reserve indefinately as i was at AWAC means you make more money as an FO at CHQ. also upgrading in 2 years as opposed to 6-10 years at awac...captain CHQ pay is much higher than AWAC FO pay.

do some research. dont go to AWAC>

One last time:
Hourly pay does not = total compensation

Latest resources

Back